Details of DIAC 1 July Legislative Changes

George Lombard

Guest tracy nasim

how do you get an employer to sponcer you. soooooo confused do you have to be sponcered before you apply for a job.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hairdresser09
DIAC has now released more information on the raft of changes from 1 July, including further details on the new points test, fees and charges, balance of family provisions, etc:

Changes to the health criteria are welcome but will require careful analysis.

See http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George !!!

Firstly,thanks for the update

I am fairly new to this site and I am unsure, if this is right place I am suppose to voice my query.

- Received the Victorian State Sponsorship in Dec '08.

-Filed my case for residency (886) in Feb 09 Onshore.

-Granted a Temporary Residency on July 2010

-Working as a Full Time Qualified Hair Stylist Since Aug 2008.(after the completion of my almost 2 years of Hairdressing studies )

Can anyone please clarify, what Priority I fall under or how long approx would I have to wait till my application is processed and if there are any options to fasten the process if possible?

Thank you for your help and time to assist.

Guest gsm886
Hi George !!!

Firstly,thanks for the update

I am fairly new to this site and I am unsure, if this is right place I am suppose to voice my query.

- Received the Victorian State Sponsorship in Dec '08.

-Filed my case for residency (886) in Feb 09 Onshore.

-Granted a Temporary Residency on July 2010

-Working as a Full Time Qualified Hair Stylist Since Aug 2008.(after the completion of my almost 2 years of Hairdressing studies )

Can anyone please clarify, what Priority I fall under or how long approx would I have to wait till my application is processed and if there are any options to fasten the process if possible?

Thank you for your help and time to assist.

Group 3, if ur occupation is on state list, group 5 if not

Guest gsm886
Hi,

What options do a Group 5 person have now?

Any opinions/advice?

Thanks.

- Saran -

According to the immigration website group 5 "has very long waits" for visa and will only be process "once all other application have been processed" the only problem is new applications in group 1-4 are coming in daily, so it will continully be knocked back. Apparently group 5 applicants are still existing since September 2007, before that they cap and ceased thousands of application which were on the lower priority such as group 5. I guess they would prefer people in these groups to reapply into a higher group or let us waiting:hug:, with no refund..

According to the immigration website group 5 "has very long waits" for visa and will only be process "once all other application have been processed" the only problem is new applications in group 1-4 are coming in daily, so it will continully be knocked back. Apparently group 5 applicants are still existing since September 2007, before that they cap and ceased thousands of application which were on the lower priority such as group 5. I guess they would prefer people in these groups to reapply into a higher group or let us waiting:hug:, with no refund..

Hmm... its really, really frustrating :sad

Your all observations are wrong. Not all the Pre-September applicants are capped and Ceased. There are thousands still in backlog.

And your observation is wrong about the processing of category 3 and category 4 applicants. DIAC is not talking about the new applicants. They are busy in clearing the backlog of these categories. And they are very fast in processing new applicants. Some of the new applicants get the case officer allocated within 1 month. And they get their visas in 4 months. So they will keep processing these applicants side by side.

And after the new changes very few applicants can apply.

So I hope according the weekly update email, They will start processing oldest priority 5 applicants by December 2011.

Can anyone confirm for me whether the 'recent work experience' requirement of 12 out of the last 24 months has now been dropped?

I am looking to obtain a skilled migration visa and this has been the one thing that has stopped me prior to 1 July 2011 from being able to apply.

Your all observations are wrong. Not all the Pre-September applicants are capped and Ceased. There are thousands still in backlog.

And your observation is wrong about the processing of category 3 and category 4 applicants. DIAC is not talking about the new applicants. They are busy in clearing the backlog of these categories. And they are very fast in processing new applicants. Some of the new applicants get the case officer allocated within 1 month. And they get their visas in 4 months. So they will keep processing these applicants side by side.

And after the new changes very few applicants can apply.

So I hope according the weekly update email, They will start processing oldest priority 5 applicants by December 2011.

I think you're being very optimistic.We are now in Cat 5 and we had an email from our agent to say we have a very long wait.We think the best thing is to try and get SS.

Archived