job prospects in the betting industry???

gemma1

Hello :biggrin:

Just looking for a bit of advice/help please....

I've been offered a job working for a company in Sydney starting in September this year. I will be coming on a 457 sponsorship visa with my partner having the same conditions on a spouse visa.

He has worked in the UK in the betting industry as a shop manager/relief manager for the past 10 years and this is the only real experience that he has. What are the job prospects over there for people seeking work in the betting industry? I have heard that there are loads of TAB betting shops in bars/hotels over there. Does anyone know how you would go about applying for this type of job? He is hoping to line up interviews or a job before we go but I'm not 100% about how to do this from the UK. We have also heard that the UK betting industry is well respected over there so shouldnt struggle to get a job - but this could be hearsay. Also does anyone know roughly what salary level he could expect in this type of role??

Thanks!!!

Hi gemma1

There are lots of TAB in bars/hotels etc and there a few jobs listed on seek.com.au but they tend to be combined with hospitality type roles and require applicants to have completed Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) & Responsible Service of Gambling (RCG) courses. It may be possible to do the courses online.

Archived