Lil Bev

Hello,

We are in the process of packing our belongings for shipment. I am aware that certain items are prohibited such as plants products, untreated wood etc. Prepare yourself for the silly question.....are canvas paintaings with wooden frames classed as an untreated wood product? Has anyone taken them and not had any problems? Any input much appreciated!

Guest destinationoz

Actually I'd be interested to know the answer too!!

Good question - I think I'll varnish the wood frame just in case ...

It was partly for this reason I just had my parents' old giant picture mirror re-framed - not only did I think the frame would fail at customs, the old frame was so rickety I don't reckon it would have shipped well either! Solid as a rock now, absolutely beautiful frame and didn't cost a bomb.

Nowt we can do about our highly prized bamboo home tiki bar though. Think hubby's dad will be thrilled to get it when we go :cry:

i agree with Terry , just bring it and dont worry.....we brought lots of untreated canvas pics that me and my children had done .....and tbh i didnt even think about the pics ....there are some untreated toys that i am still gutted i didnt bring......they are more worried about mud on golf clubs ,shoes ,tents ect ......

Archived