Reassurance needed!! 175 visa

dundeeboi82

Finally managed to get my 175 visa applied for last night!!!

HOWEVER(!), I have a couple of quick questions someone might be able to help put my mind at ease!!!

1. I didn't upload my documents straight away, but chose to do it the following day using my TRN etc. The full list of all documents I had uploaded was shown at the end, which was fine - apart from 'printing' this screen, do they not give you any other proof that you uploaded all the documents? Should these not show up on the main progress online page?! I'd hate to think I had spent hours uploading documents (which is every document they require except the meds and PCC) that didn't actually go anywhere!lol

2. When I first completed the application yesterday, the document checklist stated that 'overseas penal clearance certificate 1' was required for both applicants - however when I've gone back in today, it's no longer on the checklist?! Any ideas why they would just disappear? I would assume we would still have to undertake them?

3. All the medicals/X-ray requirements show as outstanding or required, including forms 160EH and 26EH - I was expecting it to say they weren't to be uploaded at this stage, until a CO is assigned, but this has confuddled me now!! :wacko: Do i definitely wait for CO, or has anyone else front loaded these on a 175?!

Thanks for your help, and good luck everyone!! :biggrin:

We didn't get any indication that the uploaded docs were OK until a CO had looked at them. That kind of made sense to me - they'll get many hundreds of different variations of types of docs from all over the world so until a human actually checks they're OK, the docs won't be marked as "met" or anything similar.

I'd not worry about things changing on the site with no warning. They're a law unto themselves.

We front-loaded police and medicals. It's obviously a risk, but can speed things up a bit. Maybe have a look at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106454-diac-suggesting-front-end-loading-some-gsm-applicants.html - they were totally screwed up a while back (several YEARS to process apps) and I think to try and clear the backlog they suggested some folks front load to help them out.

Hi Hotphil,

Thanks for the message - much appreciated! I should have realised after reading these forums for months, that it all wouldn't make sense!!lol

I had also seen that other thread about the front loading and the date ranges - I think we'll let the dust settle a bit on the initial application, and see how the DIAC updates are around the end of August. :biggrin:

Thanks again for your post - how are finding life in Perth so far?

Archived