Does Perth..

nursealli

Guest orangepeelskin

No, there are no school nurses here, but there are openings for a nit nurse!The kids here are crawling with them, you could have a field day and loads of work. Just have a big magnifying glass and long nails and away you go. Mind you, be aware the nits are as big as cockroaches sometimes.

Yes there are school nurses but they generally not located at the schools. Our school nurse covers about 7 schools. Responsible for hearing/sight tests in Kindy and any other issues the Principal may wish to get them involved with. General first aid around our school is done by the school officer, ie. ME!!

As for orangewhatsitthingy, we have been in Australia for 6 years. My eldest (14) has had nits twice and my youngest (9) has had it just the once in Kindy.

Hi, yes the Government High Schools do but not for first aid, mostly for advice and health issues. One nurse will cover several schools and be allocated at particular schools on set days. Not sure who you should contact about this tho... department of health or education, WA maybe? Unfortunately WA stands for wait awhile (bet you never heard that before hey) most departments are really very bad at responding to anything in a hurry. Your best bet is to phone them and persevere in getting through to the right person put up with the bill unless you can do it via skype phone or similar? I am sure the private schools have nurses too but i'm afraid I don't know who to suggest. Maybe pick one of the big private schools and phone them too? i.e. St Stephens, Sacred Heart, Prindiville College. Also try Edith Cowan University or Curtin, UWA ... you never know. Might also be worth having a chat with Joondalup Health Campus. Good luck.

Archived