• 35 - 40
    • 40 - 45
    • 45 - 50
    • 50 - 55
    • 55 - 60
    • 60 - 65
    • 65 - And Above

Guest guest37336

I know, I know, not another bloomin poll. But was sitting here today (after buying a pig, long story) and was contemplating my naval again, and wondering what the ages were of people in the migration journey, about to embark, thinking about it, or in the never ending cycle of the actual process itself.

I only ask because I am approaching 48 very quickly, and however fleetingly I thought , 'Am I Too Long In The Tooth To Do This All Over Again'. As I said, it was only fleetingly, and can't wait to start the packing, booking again, :yes::jiggy:.

Just thought it may be interesting to find out the age range of people who are out there.

PS. I have made this poll anonymous, I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings,:wubclub::biglaugh:

PPS. I have allowed for several ages to be voted for as some couples/partners may be of a differing age.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest marra2000

48 ,,,,,, Tony you well over the hill my friend :laugh:

I will have a click on this one.

........... And what's the story with the pig ? Come on spill it. Is it cheaper to just buy the pig and chop it up yourself .

Guest guest37336
48 ,,,,,, Tony you well over the hill my friend :laugh:

I will have a click on this one.

........... And what's the story with the pig ? Come on spill it. Is it cheaper to just buy the pig and chop it up yourself .

OK mate.

The pig. Took the good lady out for a coffee this afternoon, went to a local farm shop, have a look, etc. As I used to work on a pig farm (during my summer school holidays) I feel an infinity with them,:embarrassed::biglaugh:.

So up we walk to a paddock where a Saddle back had had her piglets three weeks ago. As you know mate often there will be a runt, and there was this tiny pig, brilliant colouring, great personality, but very very small and weaker than the others.

Good lady fell in love with it, as you do. Long story short, went to the farm shop and collared the manager. He was going to give piggy another week or so to strengthen up or it was going to pig heaven,:cry:.

£20 quid later job done. Luckily we know a friend of Ruth's who has a small holding, and piggy, (Squiggly, by the way) is now living the lap of luxury amongst the green pastures of Hertfordshire, sad but true story mate.

Ruth's mate has promised to look after Squiggly for time immemorial and we have visitation rights,:yes:.

Big soft git maybe, I will put a photo of him up tomorrow as we are going to visit the little fella again.:embarrassed:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

51 me mate ................ i was a £10 pom when i was 17 but cried off at the last minute, but i don't regret that because i have had a great life here in the uk, but i want a new life in the sun and Australia is the best country in the world in my opinion, the uk's not bad either.

Guest marra2000
OK mate.

The pig. Took the good lady out for a coffee this afternoon, went to a local farm shop, have a look, etc. As I used to work on a pig farm (during my summer school holidays) I feel an infinity with them,:embarrassed::biglaugh:.

So up we walk to a paddock where a Saddle back had had her piglets three weeks ago. As you know mate often there will be a runt, and there was this tiny pig, brilliant colouring, great personality, but very very small and weaker than the others.

Good lady fell in love with it, as you do. Long story short, went to the farm shop and collared the manager. He was going to give piggy another week or so to strengthen up or it was going to pig heaven,:cry:.

£20 quid later job done. Luckily we know a friend of Ruth's who has a small holding, and piggy, (Squiggly, by the way) is now living the lap of luxury amongst the green pastures of Hertfordshire, sad but true story mate.

Ruth's mate has promised to look after Squiggly for time immemorial and we have visitation rights,:yes:.

Big soft git maybe, I will put a photo of him up tomorrow as we are going to visit the little fella again.:embarrassed:

:wubclub::wub::hug: ........ OWWWWWWWWWW. Anyway, bagsy on the corner when its plumped and chopped up.

Me, 37 . Cant tell ya wifes cos she will do me in, she wanna them thats been 25 for donkeys years.

Guest juliemtaylor

I want a pic of the piggy, my fave animal!

Do you want ages of people already migrated?

Julie x

Oh please post a picture of the piggy. I have always wanted one as a pet since the age of 8. So will look into that when i'm finally in Australia and have enough space/land if possible.

For this reason I don't eat pork or any derivatives of pork.

Oh and i'm 40, 41 in 18 days. OH is 45

Guest guest37336
I want a pic of the piggy, my fave animal!

Do you want ages of people already migrated?

Julie x

Hi Julie.

Due over there today so will get a pic of the pig,:biglaugh:.

The ages can be when you first considered migration as a viable option Julie.:wink:

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest37336
Oh please post a picture of the piggy. I have always wanted one as a pet since the age of 8. So will look into that when i'm finally in Australia and have enough space/land if possible.

For this reason I don't eat pork or any derivatives of pork.

Oh and i'm 40, 41 in 18 days. OH is 45

Hi Mandy.

Should be putting a pic up today. And I must admit it, though I am a meat eater, I did consider going veggie for a bit when I saw her.:wubclub:

Luckily the farm shop in question is completely open, the pigs and other animals have full reign of massive fields,:yes:, but couldn't see this poor chappess and think she would be gone fairly soon because she was no longer 'financially' viable.

Cheers Tony.

Hi Mandy.

Should be putting a pic up today. And I must admit it, though I am a meat eater, I did consider going veggie for a bit when I saw her.:wubclub:

Luckily the farm shop in question is completely open, the pigs and other animals have full reign of massive fields,:yes:, but couldn't see this poor chappess and think he would be gone fairly soon because she was no longer 'financially' viable.

Cheers Tony.

Cheers Tony.

Hi Tony,

I'm not a veggie!

I actually eat beef and chicken very rarely a bit of roast lamb. But never touch pork!

Thank goodness you rescued the piglet.

Looking forward to seeing the photo.

Mandy

Guest guest37336
Hi Tony,

I'm not a veggie!

I actually eat beef and chicken very rarely a bit of roast lamb. But never touch pork!

Thank goodness you rescued the piglet.

Looking forward to seeing the photo.

Mandy

Hi Mandy.

It must be a case of getting old I reckon. First to admit there is nothing like a roast, :jiggy:, but have become a little less forceful in old age. I used to go shooting, (rabbits, pigeon, etc) and eat what I shot. I am also a very very obsessive fisherman. Once upon a a time I thought little of catching fish and cooking them up, now I use barbless hooks, etc, and put everything back. Just makes me feel better is all, nothing against anyone that chooses to do what I used to do, just can't do it myself now,:embarrassed:.

Cheers Tony.

Guest VickyMel

I'm a pig tickler any change I get! :biggrin:

Even tickled warthogs :laugh:

Oh the poll was about age not pigs...

Guest guest37336
I'm a pig tickler any change I get! :biggrin:

Even tickled warthogs :laugh:

Oh the poll was about age not pigs...

Hi Vicky.

Yep the poll is about ages, not pigs. :wubclub:

I have done some strange things in the past on this forum, and 'Hijacking' my OWN poll is one of the best to date.:goofy:

Cheers Tony.

Guest VickyMel

Added myself and OH - thank goodness its anonymous as I still try telling folks I'm 29. The odd 'DIAC induced' grey hairs are a bit of a give away that this is a slight under estimate!

Guest guest37336

Thanks for all those that took part,:notworthy:.

I honestly thought that most would be in the 40 - 45 age bracket, don't ask me why, but kids older, more disposal income, just goes to show I guess.

Makes interesting reading (well to me it does) just goes to show how wrong you can be, but at least (unless you lying about your age, :realmad::yes:) it gives an idea of who is emigrating, not the biggest of surveys I admit, but a great general overview, many thanks once again for your kind participation.:notworthy:.

Guest jackie Macdonald

I'm 48 and hubby is 47 so it is never too late! Just a tip... My aunt (god rest her soul) had a pet pig for a good few years, it used to live in the house along with her 6 dogs (absolutely true), she would take in any waif and stray!!) but in the end she had to get rid it as it became far too possessive with her and wouldn't let her husband get near her. It became pretty vicious in the end and her husband was at the end of his tether. It became a case of "it's me or the pig" . That is a true story Tony and one that is run by the family on a regular basis every Christmas!!

You have been warned!!

Jackie XX

Guest NeilEB

But it's harder (at the moment) to move when you're over 40 isn't it?

I'm just more impressed by the fact you have an almost perfect normal distribution curve there :-)

Back when I applied for my skilled visa you had to be under 45 (I was 42 at the time of application) although as I'm still in the process of migration I've used my current age of 45-49 on the poll.

Archived