Is going through an agency worth the money?

Guest Sara

We qualify for the skilled migrant visa and are looking to move over to Oz for a minimum of a couple of years. At the early stages of comparing agencies, but are beginning to wonder what they do for the money? Is it just added security you're paying for or do you really benefit from their services?

Bearing in mind we have no contacts or rellys in Oz, maybe having follow-up resettlement advice and help might be good?

Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

Thanks

Sara

There are alot of postings on this site about different agencies that you may find helpful, i think that overall it boils down to personal preference and cash flow.We decided to use an agent as they will explain everything you need to know down to the lay-out of your references to DIMIA's liking.I didnt want to risk one mistake that would set me back months maybe even starting all over again.I have always been ok with form filling but you do get boggle eyed after a while and knowing that someone will check through everything does relieve the pressure a little,,

Hope this helps

Cal x

Guest sparky

HI SARA

MY HUSBAND AND I DECIDED TO DO IT OURSELVES,IT TOOK A LOT OF TIME READING EVERYTHING ON http://www.immi.gov.au/ BUT ALL THE INFO IS THERE AND NOW YOU ARE ON THIS WEBSITE I AM SURE PEOPLE WILL HELP ANSWER QUESTIONS(I WISH WE HAD FOUND THIS SITE 6 MONTHS AGO WHEN WE WERE FILLING IN THE FORMS).WE JUST COULD NOT AFFORD THE AGENTS FEE'S,AND IT HAS PAID OFF BECAUSE AFTER 4 MNTHS THEY HAVE ASKED ONLY FOR OUR MEDICALS .OBVIOUSLY IT IS A MATTER OF PREFERENCE AND (AND FINANCE).

GOOD LUCK,

LISA.

Guest bethandneil

:)

we are using an agent (Overseas emmigration) it has benefitted us as we would have failed at the first hurdle through not understanding the different sections and point allowance for certain jobs, they also tell you how to word your letters, therefore saving time and possible failure to be accepted, each to there own though as we know a couple who have done it themselves with no problems, for us the cost has definately been worth it.

Beth.

Guest smashey2006

i am one single person, how much does the agency fees cost and is it once you've started with the agency the payment, is until the visa goes thru or failure or what??? sorry if that question seems a little thick. ps are there any worthwhile agencies in the uk, cheapies but good ones would be most suitable for me!

Guest Arnold

Hi all,

Also using ASA, they are very efficient and are a great help! Reply to any queries very quickly and guide you through the process! Well worth the money and they check your applications before they are sent off, meaning you can add any info that they think may help.

Hope this helps! :lol:

Guest Missiemo

Hi Guys

I am there with Lisa, if you have the time and patience do it yourself. :)

I appricate not everyone would agree, but I wanted to save money as there is a lot more expanse following your acceptance. :shock:

Good Luck with whatever you decide

:D

Guest lholmes

Hi Smashy

Each agency will have different fees as well as provide different levels of service.

I would personally recommend using a Migration Agents Registration Authority agent (MARA). The MARA is the migration industry's regulatory body, ensuring consumers are protected in relation to cost, quality of service and professionalism.

To read up on MARA, please visit:

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/MARA.aspx

At the end of the day though, you need to develop a relationship with somebody you trust to handle the making of your new life! It’s a big decision and having a trusted and dedicated caseworker on hand could save you a lot of stress and anxiety in the long run.

Good luck!

Archived