Employment Reference Advice

Guest Jocky

Guest Jocky

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what sort of thing would need to be in my employers reference to impress the Australian Skills Assessment people?

I work in Network Security and have done for 6 years, but I don't really know what the key things that they would want on the reference are.

Thanks in advance,

Jocky

Guest choobs
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what sort of thing would need to be in my employers reference to impress the Australian Skills Assessment people?

I work in Network Security and have done for 6 years, but I don't really know what the key things that they would want on the reference are.

Thanks in advance,

Jocky

1) Key technologies - e-commerce, VoIP, intrusion detection, pen testing, etc etc.

2) Specific tie-ins to your CV - i.e. if your CV says you did a very good job of securing services for Big Client A, your reference should back this up.

3) Provability

4) Provability

Cheers

Choobs

Guest lholmes

Hi Jocky

Look up your occupations ASCO code for a guide of the tasks Network Security includes:

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/66f306f503e529a5ca25697e0017661f/5c244fd9d252cfc8ca25697e00184d35!OpenDocument

ASCO is short for the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations and is what Australia considered each occupation to entail.

Remember this information will need to be in your own words though. Any assessing body in Australia will be able to tell if you have copied and pasted the ASCO code into a references or CV within a minute of looking at the application.

Good luck!

Guest Jocky

Thanks very much lholmes and choobs.

I think that Network security falls into ASCO 2231-79 Computer Professionals (nec), so they don't really cover Network Security specifically.

But Network Security is on the MODL list as being under ASCO 2231-79 so I'll have a go and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Will

Archived