Torfx money transfer

MazPaul

Guest GeorgeD

I haven't used them personally, but all the big Forex guys offer very similar services. If I were you, I would set up accounts with several of them as this is generally free to do. When it comes time for you to transfer your money...look at who will give you the most dollars for your pounds at the exact time you want to transfer. Rates change on a live basis with each of them, unless you have set a rate at which you want a transfer to go ahead. If you are moving a large amount of money, even a small fraction of a percentage can mean hundreds or thousands of dollars of a difference, so it is worth keeping your options open.

Don't worry too much about fees, concentrate on how much you will receive in your account at the far end...if you need to pay a $10 fee to process a transaction at a better rate which makes you $100 better off, then pay the fee as it's the end amount which matters.

I normally use HiFX. MoneyCorp also come highly recommended by other users on this forum.

Guest AustrAnglian

I'd agree with GeorgeD - best to shop around for the best rate on the day when the time comes to move your money. I have used TorFX to exchange between USD and GBP and had a pretty good experience with them, but I've also occasionally turned down deals they've offered me because the rate was better elsewhere. All the best.

Guest WinstonFam

Yeah i agree shopping around is a must, i used a website comparethecurrencymarket.com found it useful, but I spoke to my broker yesterday and he mentioned that it was a possibility that the UK may not change their interest rates this year, which could weaken the pound further (if that's possible) anyone else heard anything on this?

J.

Archived