New SOL releases - Effective From 1 July 2011

reza

Guest JamesP
JamesP

I have checked out NT, as my OH's an operator. The occupation appears on theyre 'jobs in demand 2011' list, but its not on the official SMP???? Am i reading this right or perhaps you operate different plant??

o.....k, i'm convinced i saw it on The NT SMP :confused:

It's a matter of time before it goes on the National SOL. The amount of jobs i've seen advertised whilst out here is absolutely insane! Not too mention that there's practically the same amount of undeveloped mines as there is operating :biggrin:

and thats before all the road expansion and general construction work going on

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest giboyle

I am looking to go back to Oz to get a job in the next year or 2. Went there on a working Holiday Visa and respected the rules. Being back since on a tourist visa.

My original career was in Hotel & Catering Management and I have a degree in business with focus on H & C Mgmt. However 6 years ago I left the industry to volunteer in Africa. I joined an Irish NGO in Sept 2005 and I have been in Africa since doing Logistics. I do not have paper qualifications in Logistics - all hands on experience and learning for 6 years.

Does anyone know if it is worth my while applying for a visa - is there any hope of my skills being acceptable? If so what sort of visa should I apply for and how do I go about doing that?

Any assistance would be helpful

:skeptical:

Ok, this is the link i found it on...

http://www.embraceaustralia.com/migration/australia-visas/state-sponsorship

...then went on to 'Northern Territory skills in demand list', about half way down page. I am rather confused. Would some1else please have a wee look for me?!? Maybe its oyt of date, the format of it certainly seems different from all other SMP's.

Phil34, glad yours is there

:biggrin:

Guest ninauk

hi guys, i have just seen this change!

I am 29 i am english so have the language i have worked overseas and in oz.

I am an exec assistant and i cant see my stuff on the list but am confident i can retrain if needed or something. any advise is appreciated before i consult an agent

• 1 month later...
Guest coolranu

Need help and guidance from the forum members regarding my Permanent Residency plan to Aussie land.

I am ( 32+ years old) an Electronics Engg Graduate from India with a 7+ years of Software testing (manual) experience which includes nearly 3+years work experience in Australia on a 457 visa. With my employer not willing to sponsor me ENS way of residency :frown: is there any way I can get my residency on my own . As you all know Software Testing is not in the new SOL list its getting harder for me to get it on my own or I am just :daydreaming:.

Can a manual tester be accessed as a Software Engineer or similar. As SE is in current SOL list or do we know by any chance Software Testing is going to be included in the SOL list in near future or I am still :daydreaming:

Is there anyway I can lodge the application on my own and get the residency. Much appreciated for your time :cute:.

Archived