Management Accountant Qualification

Guest ozwife

Guest ozwife

Anyone can help please.

I'm not sure if I'm eligible to apply under the qualification of a management accountant.

I'm a Commerce graduate major in Management Accounting.

I have been self employed wherein I managed a small business here in my town for 9 years.

I checked cpa australia and I have taken most of the core subjects in accounting.

Can I apply?

You can apply if you meet all of the requirements and are able to get a positive skills assessment from one of the 3 assessment organisations. You won't get a positive skills assessment if you fall short in any of the core areas.

Guest ozwife

How about my work experience? Will it count?

Also does work experience should be related to my nominated occupation?

Hi Ozwife

From my experience CPA Australia are pretty strict on you having to meet their qualification requirements. They don't take into account work experience.

If you apply to them, make sure you obtain full transripts - that is for every single subject you studied in your degree (I'm waiting for a second review as I didn't initially supply a transcript covering the initial pre-professional level subjects of CIMA). They will fail you otherwise even if logic says they shouldn't! You'll also need to supply syllabus details unless your degree is fully recognised with CPA.

Good luck!

Archived