Ambulance insurance

PositivePixie

Was wondering if anyone knew, if you get Ambulance cover (in the states its not included in water rates or otherwise etc) does that cover you if you go on holiday/shopping/whatever in another state, or do you need to get new medical insurance for the cover in another state? :S

We are planning on going on holiday for a bit when we get to Aus after receiving our PR visas, so not sure holiday insurance would cover us as we will be residents, not holiday makers as it were and don't want to not have ambulance cover.

Similarly, once we settle, I can see us 'popping' to Melbourne now and then for shopping purposes (we are probably going to settle South of Adelaide somewhere), again would our ambulance cover cover us on said shopping trips, or would we need holiday cover when going interstate? :unsure:

Guest RichB

Are yoWas wondering if anyone knew, if you get Ambulance cover (in the states its not included in water rates or otherwise etc) does that cover you if you go on holiday/shopping/whatever in another state, or do you need to get new medical insurance for the cover in another state? :S

Ambulance cover , funeral cover what a joke..God its a crazy world we live in..I called

the British High Commision today to try and get a clear answer on a question I had for their mind boggling passport application forms and never got through, but for 30 minutes had some robot on the other end saying ..

Due to the adverse weather conditions being experienced there has been a delay in calls being answered and please be patient..What on earth does adverse weather conditions have to do with them answering the phone and my bloody question...This world is getting madder by the day..

Guest siamsusie

My Medibank Private covered me in WA for ambulance cover nationwide.

Tasmanian residents do not pay for ambulance cover, but when leaving the state is is advisable to insure yourself for ambulance cover.

Susie

Archived