Child Trust Fund ?

nic0218

Apologies to all PIO's if this has been mentioned in a previous thread!

Could anyone tell me what happens to my daughter's Child trust fund, when we leave? Would she be able to access it when she's 18 from Oz, or does the government scrap the account?

My husband is currently topping it up with a direct debit, so I'd like to stop it if the answer is the latter!

Many thanks in advance, for any replies, Nic

Apologies to all PIO's if this has been mentioned in a previous thread!

Could anyone tell me what happens to my daughter's Child trust fund, when we leave? Would she be able to access it when she's 18 from Oz, or does the government scrap the account?

My husband is currently topping it up with a direct debit, so I'd like to stop it if the answer is the latter!

Many thanks in advance, for any replies, Nic

Hiya,

Your child will still get the money when they are 18, no matter where they are in the world. I'm not sure how your child would access the money but it's still theirs when they reach 18. I recently asked the same question when I was registering my sons voucher last week.

Hope this helps,

Alison x

Guest shusselmann

Phew! I didn't ask the question when we left the UK and we're still topping it up with a very small monthly direct debit. I've just checked the Child Trust Fund website and I was interested to read that the account is transferred to the child when they turn 16, so we need to contact the account provider then with the child's full contact details.

Archived