swimming teacher / fitness instructor

Guest slain

Guest slain

hi to every one , logged on my hubbys computor the other day and found this site, been reading and taking notes since :))

not really sure what im doing or what area i should be in. but here goes ....

we are hoping to be on the gold coast soon, our daughter and me are dependents on my hubbys student visa ( only way we could apply, our agent said ) just wondering what are the opportunties for me . im a level 2 swimming teacher ( past 3 years ) and have just got my swim aus cert through so i can teach in queensland, once ive done oz first aid/water saftey cert ect first. i also work as a fitness instructor level 3 advanced ( 8 years ) the equiv cert in oz hopefully will allow me to work as a personal trainer. ( thats what fitness.aus website states ) . i know i can only work 20 hours due to student visa restrictions but is there any work available , clicked links that others have left to job sites but cant apply till im in the country, which is understandable. i have also clicked links to a list of jobs which my job, swimming teacher is on a schedule 4, with a code, is that relevent in any way , any reply would be greatfully read ?

wendy

Guest haggis-sa

Hey Wendy. I'm a swimming teacher in South Australia.

Try www.austswim.com.au click on Queensland. I'm sure they will be able to give you a list of all Austswim accredited swim schools in the area you intend to live/work. Then it's just a case of emailing all the swim schools for vacancies/hours etc. Not sure about Qld but in SA you need Austswim Teachers Licence, Mandatory Report Writing Cert (now called Child Safe Environment) and Senior 1st Aid to work on any swim school. As for the fitness instructor, I reckon you would need to google Gyms in your prefered area and contact them.

Good luck

Addy.

Archived