100 points for importing car??

Guest jubbsy

Guest jubbsy

We have just had our 1st shipper in to give quotes on moving our worldly possessions and have a query regarding our car. The shipper said he had never heard of requiring 100 points to gain the import certificate. It is quite clear on the site that you must supply certain documents and we are surprised that he knew nothing. I have tried looking for info on PIO but get bogged under with Migration Info threads...

With requiring 100 points we do not qualify for importing our car as although we are selling a property we are not selling our residential house (just yet), we do not have jobs (yet!!), we do not have a rental in Oz (again yet!!) therefore we have no bills etc to submit.

We also cannot supply evidence of applying for Medicare, Oz driving license or a TFN until we get to Melbourne. We already have bank accounts so we get 95 points.

Is there anything else we could supply tgo get ourselves another 5 points?

Please help, my OH loves his BMW and is disabled so the car is adapted specially for him so we really need to take it!!!

Any answers gratefully received, thanks!!!

Hi, we had to wait until we arrived to apply to get the required 100 points and shipped the car after our possessions separately. It's a pain but the only way we could do it.

We left the car with my parents and when the authority came through (about 10 wks after applying) I arranged the shipping from here and my parents just had to deliver the car to them.

Our car is arriving today so hopefully won't take too long to get through customs and my hubby will be a happy bunny reunited with his first love! Haha!

Good luck.

Dawn

Archived