Visa Application - What a Rollercoaster of Emotions

Guest NeilEB

Guest NeilEB

Isn't it strange how emotions change during this process of getting a visa?

At the start I was doubtful that I would have enough points. Once the Skills Assessment was successful, I was elated and confident that I would get the visa.

Then I applied to State Sponsorship and was suddenly sure that I would be rejected.

When that was granted, I was confident that I would get a visa.

When I got a Case Officer, I was positive that I would get a visa (for some reason I've never been worried about the medicals or police checks, no doubt one of them will give me a nasty shock) - now I'm suddenly struck by doubt that I'll be able to get a job, or that it will pay enough to support my family.

Arggghhh :goofy: :arghh:

I know exactly how you feel. I keep thinking 'what if' something is wrong with the medicals and I have never thought that before. i thought as soon as i got a CO i would relax a bit...hehe!

Yesterday I started to worry about getting there, having enough money, etc...like you. I lived there for a year on a WHV on virtually no money. I think its just part of the process to feel like this. I just want to be there now. hehe! Then ill probably be worrying about the huntsmans....oh well :)

Guest NeilEB
Then ill probably be worrying about the huntsmans....oh well :)

Cheers - just when I'd forgotten about them / convinced myself they were manageable!

Archived