Repair Centre Manager - SMART Repairs

Guest Southern Cross Personnel

Guest Southern Cross Personnel

The principal purpose of the role is to manage the daily operations of a S.M.A.R.T repair centre. As Manager you will be responsible for the proactive management (within agreed KPI parameters) of repair centre volume, quality/rectification, production efficiency in a safe environment, customer service/engagement, recruitment/retention of team members, overall team performance and communication, local end to end parts management, on-site consignment inventory management, scoping and customer invoicing in order to ensure quality and expedient repairs to our customer’s vehicles.

Key Duties

• Accountability for leading the end to end repair/production processes (inclusive of repair validation, scoping, parts sourcing, scheduling, finalisation (including quality review), invoicing and complaint handling in a safe environment;
  • Proactively lead the Safety Charter on site “Be SMART, Be SAFE” ensuring all OH&S matters including recommendations from safety audits are implemented within agreed timeframes. When necessary operate an effective “Back to Work” program for all Workers Compensation claims;
  • Manage a balanced scorecard of KPI metrics within agreed targets – to include but not limited to ARC, Cycle Times, Rectification, Strike Rate, LTIFR, Labour/Paint KPI’s, employee satisfaction &retention;
  • Agree the repair centre booking structure with the COO and resource accordingly to meet volume targets. Liaise with “Front of House” to ensure seamless customer service. Suitably engage with customers on site through an effective “Meet & Greet” process. Effectively communicate all “Not Suits” to our partner daily via photograph. Manage alternative volume sourcing models in conjunction with the COO and our partner to support volume targets. Treat customer’s vehicles and belongings with respect at all times;
  • Ensure an effective process for scoping, quoting and parts management with the Estimating team, assisting/supporting the Estimator wherever necessary. Effectively manage all vendors (parts, paint & consumables) within approval limits set by the COO and minimize inventory/Work in Progress;
  • Establish quality control and audit disciplines and processes to ensure quality repair techniques are consistently used within your span of control, with regard to achieving the target KPI Rectification rate per annum. Undertake a monthly Rectification review with the customer and ensure continuous improvement actions are taken as required;
  • Assist the GM HR in the recruitment (as agreed with the COO), management and development of your team members (including appraisals, disciplinary action and continual improvement);
  • Effectively manage the custodianship and maintenance of property, tools and equipment. Maintain adequate security procedures, including shop opening and closing;
  • Foster a positive work environment for all team members and visitors and treat all team members with respect. Develop the “huddle” framework for effective team communication;
  • Provide a cohesive operation to contribute to maintaining the company's system of accounts on all company transactions and assets, in particular review all scoping and job costing for accuracy and integrity, COD payments on parts, payroll authorization, accurate invoicing and parts administration;
  • Maintain Clean Workspace Policy;
  • Maintain uniform and wear in accordance with Company Policy;
  • Approve all site Overtime & Hours worked each week;
  • Perform non-core tasks as directed by the COO from time-to-time.

Skills & Attributes

• Demonstrable experience in a leadership or management role where lean processes, teamwork, customer focus/orientation and technology are drivers of business outputs
  • Highly organised with ability to complete multiple tasks at any given time and deliver to deadline.
  • Able to work unsupervised
  • Clear effective communication with customers
  • Develop and maintain business relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
  • Ability to build positive team based relationships
  • Ability to implement strategies, policies, process, systems and guidelines for team members
  • Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively with the site team and Management Team
  • Assertive in dealing with delegation and management
  • Knowledge of repair techniques are desirable and ability to effectively engage with customers

Experience

• Experience in establishing and maintaining Operational Processes and Procedures
  • Experience in effective team leadership & customer engagement
  • Experience in the use of a range of financial and workshop management systems

Other Related Role Guidance

• Some Travel and after hours work as required.
  • CSRA Values will be at the core of all this role undertakes.
  • This business must be profitable in its own right and at all times – all activities and functions undertaken must have this thought central to any decision or action.

Sponsorship is available initially on a 457 visa and later the company will sponsor the candidate for permanent residency when eligible.

Guest loujiggy

Hi, I am interested in the above position. I have 15 years previous experience in this field - Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Stuart

• 5 months later...
Guest bald rob

Hi,my wife and i are both BMW trained and experienced[sYTNER UK] SMARTrepairers,5years for my wife,and 18 years for myself,including time spent in classic vehicle body repair,for the last three years i have successfully managed my own SMART repair/bodyshop business based in the east of cardiff,south wales. if this position is still available,mywife and i are very interested in relocating to Australia.Please would you pass our details on to your client,we would very much like the opportunity to discuss this opportunity in depth with you.

best regards

Rob & Melanie Anderson

Guest sprayworks

Ive ran my own company for the last 12 years painting cars, bikes, trucks and even furniture. infact anything that can be painted i think ive painted in that time.

im a strong motivator and have high quality people skills, having over 12 people working for me in three workshops and mobile technicians.

i stopped trading 18 months ago and sold the company then done some traveling with friends, and now i want to help others in a better climate to achieve the same goals i have.

my quality of finish is second to none and to help others gain the same results and standards i have over the years would make me happy in any role within this field.

i dont look as my job as a job its more of a passion.

if you like what you have seen please feel free to contact me. (ianmullin@hotmail.com) cv on request

rgds

iain mullin

• 3 months later...
Guest danmar662

HI, im a 29 year old qualified panel beater/painter, NVQ level 2 & 3,

4 year apprentaship and 2 years post experience.

Not worked in the trade for 6 years though, (apart from as a hobby at home) I work as a electrical/mechanical fitter for an oil and gas company at the moment and am doing my NEBOSH general certificate at the moment as well. Iv worked in a supervisory role in charge of 8 fitters and 2 apprentices and have done my IOSh managing safely course.

Can You send me an address to post a CV to?