Muswellbrook X poms!!

Guest kennmikp

Guest kennmikp
Bit of a work update...as It stands we will be workshop bound for several months to come. We will not be on a roster for a while which means working 5 days a week with weekends off. Not a bad thing as its ok in the workshop as we strip and rebuild final drives..which are huge....but be prepared to be treated like a bit of an apprentice as no one is bothered about your past history (especially as the size of this equipment is probably new to most of us).

At the moment there are no tool boxes for us to use so we are borrowing tools from who ever we team up with, there ok and understand our situation.

When you turn up you can put down 0700-1530 on your time sheet regardless if you just turn up and say im house hunting and leave. When you do start working you can work later if you wish to make the money up.

Some of the lads have had problems with real estate agents, they say come and look at a property and when they turn up its already gone...LJ Hooker are pretty ****, but we went with Proffesionals who were very helpfull and wanted our business. We were very lucky as we signed on the very first house we saw..its not just if you want it, but if they want to lease it to you. Alot of people here spend ages trying to find property so be prepared. If you want a nice place you will probably pay more than you originaly thought.

Apart from that work is relaxed and my new house is flippin huge..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm all sounds a little up in the air ish too me, but i dont mind getting my hand back in (aint turned spanners for a while) and working in the workshop for a few months (will clear it with the OH and try to bang in a few hours overtime a week if possible).

Mark i think you managed to land the house my Missus was looking at (she aint happy lol :eek:). We are sick of looking for houses, seen a few and then they go :arghh: Guess you will be the font of all knowledge when we get there (and 1st to do a BBQ :wink:).

How much help have you had from Hitachi an all that you havew done so far??? Are you just left out on a limb????

Cheers Ken n Mik

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mark and Katie Singleton

Hi ...buying a car is something I have to tackle soon, I have a company car for the month, but be prepared to travel to find something you want.A few things are different here with regards to cars but its pretty much the same process.

Desree has been hired to help with your arrival, after a few days we just cracked on by ourselves.

Hitachi have no problems with putting up the bond and will pay it within 24hrs.

I got paid a couple of grand after my first week but it depends when you turn up in their pay cycle, the other two lads who arrived before me only got a weeks wage.

Work is starting a training package , I will be stripping and refurbing pumps for the next month or so, good thing is I might go onto a roster with that department. I then have a small electric course to do to fam my self with the vehicle systems.

You will not go into the field for months...one reason is the board that sits your quals is once a month, and every oz who is not qualified in NSW also gets there certs checked. You can make your money up as there is plenty of work on, you just wont get the perk of 5 on 5 off.

Time to drink some more local wine ...laters

Guest kennmikp

Well that all sounds good to me :wink:

Time off to do what we need (plus still get paid :jiggy:).

Time in the workshop to re-fresh my rusty skills, plus a course or 2 to give me new skills :jiggy:

Getting paid within a week or 2 (it was on the contract if i remember). :jiggy:

Bring it on :cool:

Guest chris and deb k

cheers mate

cant wait to hit the ground running my misses was looking at your house and is pissed off as well but there are smaller ones on that road so we might have to make do with one of them untill you move out lol. whats the area like ? after seeing muswellbrook do you think you will stay there or move around like we were talking about.

glad the wines good i coould do with a hangover after dealing with all this movin crap.

you think you would get used to it with the army.

catch you later dude

Guest MarcandSarah

Hi All,

Just wondering how everyone is as it seems to have gone a bit quiet on here recently. Marc and I fly out on Tuesday and although the house has all been sorted there is still on ton of paperwork still to get through for the bank, customs, housing applications etc and we are both at work until Friday!

Not looking forward to saying our goodbyes over the weekend, I think by far thats going to be the hardest part!

Guest kennmikp

Quiet is as quiet does :wink:

Think everyone is busy sorting their stuff out :eek:

So fly Tuesday eh, nice 1 :wink:

Im just finishing off my last day in the office, get rid of the house 6th Oct then a a few weeks off (doing the visiting thing at the same time), then looking to fly early Nov.

Cant wait (its gonna drag like hell till we fly).

What paper work do you still have to finish off????

I think we have all we need now, except flight tickets!!!!

Hi guys, we are glad to here things are still progressing well for everyone.

We will be moving out of our house at the end of this month as our renters will be coming in at the start of October, ends up we are going to have to rent a house here for 4 weeks.

Got our flights sorted so we will be flying out at the start of November.

It's all becoming very real now, we are all getting excited. We are still unsure what happens when we get to Sydney but pretty sure we will find out.

I am a bit curious, how did everyone do with the relocation package?

Unfortunately for us the $10,000 did not cover our removals/shipping and flights together. We had not planned on this but what do you??????

Any how it wont be long until we all meet up.

I reckon Andrea and I will still have to email everyone because you wont be able to understand our accents.LOL

Seamus

Guest chris and deb k

HI ALL

OUR REMOVALS GO ON THE 3/4 OCT AND WE FLY OUT ON THE 18TH. JUST BEEN REEMBURSED FOR OUR REMOVALS INTO OUR AUSSIE BANK AND THE $10000 DIDNT COVER OUR COSTS AS WELL. WE ARE BEING PUT UP IN A HOTEL NEAR THE AIRPORT WHEN WE ARRIVE AND PICKED UP THE NEXT DAY FROM THERE TO TAKE US TO MUSSY.STILL DONT KNOW WHEN I START WORK PROBERLY THE FOLLOWING MONDAY MARK SINGO SEEMS TO HAVE GOT THINGS SORTED OUT OK SO IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM FOR US AS HE WAS PROBERLY THE GUINIE PIG FOR THE MOVE.

GETTING BORED OF THROWING THINGS AWAY AND CANT WAIT TO BE ON THE PLANE

SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE:fish:

sort of thought that the $10000 wouldn't cover you guys as well! crap one aint it sort of didn't expect that one:eek:

at this precise moment we are doing runs to the dump and burning rubbish its amazing the nonsense you collect over the years lol

we held off our flights for a while so that when we arrive our stuff will arrive soon after- well that is the plan. but this packing stuff is doing my head in.

looking forward to have a drink and chillin in the sun when we get there :biggrin:

but for now more sorting to be done !!

Hi, all is going well and everything is now sorted. I couldnt afford to buy a descent car outright so I was able to get finance with a Ford garage. Most descent places will have no problem with finance, the stinger is your payment have to be over the 4 years so end up a bit high. I bought a 2007 V6 3.6 Holden Commodore to nip down the shops in.

Dont swet about work , they expect nothing from you apart from turning up and cracking on. There is no stress here and everyone is cool.

You will probably turn up for work a couple of days after arriving in Muzzy. They have been good when you do turn up, they let you show your face and then vanish to sort your life out..looking for houses,transport schools etc.

We can work 12 hour days if we wish to make the money up before we go on to a roster, but it will be a while until we are on full wack...top tip bring your original quals with you as you will have to send this off for your NSW trade certs.

Seamus.... Daniel here is from Rep of I and he is from some small village...and yes no one can understand a flippin word he says, the Ozies just laugh and nod and look at us for a hint.

Anyway nice to catch up soon

Laters

" I bought a 2007 V6 3.6 Holden Commodore to nip down the shops in." :biggrin:

"Seamus.... Daniel here is from Rep of I and he is from some small village...and yes no one can understand a flippin word he says, the Ozies just laugh and nod and look at us for a hint.":laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest kennmikp

all sounds good too me Mark:wink: its good that they will let us show our faces (wont be able to miss mine, its very ugly :goofy::goofy::goofy:) then disappear to do our admin.

cant wait too bloody get out there now.

Thats me finished work now, so its all go, go, go getting last bits n pieces rid of and sorting handing over the house :eek:

Seamus when in Nov you flying??? We are looking to fly around the 3rd. Would be nice if we was on the same flight (probably not tho :wideeyed:). Did you lias with John ref the stay over in the Hotel @ Sydney????

Mark.... thats a beast of a motor :eek::eek: V6 3.6 :goofy::goofy: vroooom vroooooooom lol.

Just had confirmation off Pickfords that our removals will hit Sydney on the 6th Nov :biggrin: so happy with that.

And no the 10,000 dollars wont cover our relocation neither, but only because of the class of flights we have chosen, else it would have, JUST!!!

WHENS THE 1ST BBQ and who is the host?????

O mark, have you met Gerry yet??? Scotish lad flew out last week????

Laters,

Ken Mikala & Sasha :v_SPIN::spinny:

great job on the arrival of your removals not long to go then :)

we fly out of heathrow on the 2nd november :biggrin:

not too sure what were doing, as we arrive into sydney early morning so might go to bondi beach and then just take a leisurely drive up and take a good look around newcastle this time. But we are still deciding on that much.

Andrea

Yup met Gerry nice guy, he is on the build team assembling the trucks. I noticed andrea said they might land and then do their own thing before going to Muzzy...good idea as we had four days by the beach in Newcastle our B&B overlooked the beach, can give you the number for a great B&B. Nothing worse sorting your life out when your jet lagged..especially with kids. Top tip DO NOT DRINK THE TAP WATER....it will give you the poos. Everyone boils their tap water before putting it in the fridge.

It was 31oc yesterday and we will be looking at the high 40s come summer.

Guest kennmikp
great job on the arrival of your removals not long to go then :)

we fly out of heathrow on the 2nd november :biggrin:

not too sure what were doing, as we arrive into sydney early morning so might go to bondi beach and then just take a leisurely drive up and take a good look around newcastle this time. But we are still deciding on that much.

Andrea

Yeah was well pleased with the removals date, it hits Aus a day or so after we do.

Ah we aint flying until the 3rd of Nov by the looks of things. Still too book flights yet :arghh::arghh:

Not sure if we are taking time out before moving to Muzzy yet. Wanna get there really and have a day or 3 chilling out in the local area, then start on the settling in stuff. Will speak to the short haired general about what she wants to do.

Ken & Mik

Guest kennmikp
Yup met Gerry nice guy, he is on the build team assembling the trucks. I noticed andrea said they might land and then do their own thing before going to Muzzy...good idea as we had four days by the beach in Newcastle our B&B overlooked the beach, can give you the number for a great B&B. Nothing worse sorting your life out when your jet lagged..especially with kids. Top tip DO NOT DRINK THE TAP WATER....it will give you the poos. Everyone boils their tap water before putting it in the fridge.

It was 31oc yesterday and we will be looking at the high 40s come summer.

Ah so met the firey Jock :wink: he is a nice lad. Seems he has found himself a nice little job there then.

Will see what the boss wants to do after we have landed. but the dertails for that B&B would be handy pal, thanks :wink:

How does it work when you land in Sydney???? Whats the protocol??? Does John give you all the details when he knows your arrival date??

Thanks for the tip on the tap water :jiggy::jiggy:

Ken & Mikala

You guys who are going straight to Muzzy will be picked up from the airport, ensure you have a mobile with you incase there are problems, it will be good to pass Hitachi a contact number, I know Gerry had a slight problem when he landed. Those of you with kids will need to ensure there is a child seat with whoever is picking you up....we have had to buy two new seats. They are cheaper than the UK though. If Im honest I think Hitachi would prefer those with kids to make there own way up due to the child seat problem...but this is only my opinion.

Guest kennmikp

Orders have been issued by the short haired general :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Straight to Muzzy off the plane. It what we were planning anyway, but its in concrete now!!!

I have emailed John already with regards to the CHILD SEAT issue and he assured me it was not an issue, guess that will become apparant when they pick us up :eek:

Mark, how long after getting to Muzzy did you wait for a company car??? Dont wanna be without wheels for any great length of time and dont really wanna spend money hiring one if they are gonna give us a works car for a while!!

How many of the lads are out there now???

Ken & Mikala.

Had a car straight away so theres no problem there. There are now 6 of us out here, the first four of us are now settled with our own accom and vehicles. If you find a house quick then snap it up if its in a good location.Random info the school year will start again in Jan 31st, Keeley is in school now until Dec 9, then they have Summer hols. Depending on where you live will depend on what school they go to.

Im the first one in the Reman wksp, stripping and assembling hydraulic pumps and swing motors, easy job but a bit dull for me, got 3 weeks left until im swapped out with someone else...counting the weeks.

Merewether Beach B&B in Newcastle...google it! Really lovely family run place and very close to the beach, fab views and very tasty breakfasts...certainly worth a stay after a long flight and great place to get over the jetlag before starting work.

think we are for heading to newcastle we've been there before and loved it. defo think we will need a break after the flight with the 3 children. as far as the car rental goes we are trying to get one that will fit us 5 and our luggage and that will provide 3 child seats. i have emailed a few companies regarding this and they are trying to sort sumthin out for us, but we will see how it goes.

andrea

Guest kennmikp
Had a car straight away so theres no problem there. There are now 6 of us out here, the first four of us are now settled with our own accom and vehicles. If you find a house quick then snap it up if its in a good location.Random info the school year will start again in Jan 31st, Keeley is in school now until Dec 9, then they have Summer hols. Depending on where you live will depend on what school they go to.

Im the first one in the Reman wksp, stripping and assembling hydraulic pumps and swing motors, easy job but a bit dull for me, got 3 weeks left until im swapped out with someone else...counting the weeks.

Steady work then mark!!! Easy money :jiggy:

Good to hear about the car situation. Don't mind walkin around for a day or two but not longer than that, as we need to get out looking for stuff for the house.

Mik is pullin her hair out lookin for houses (especially seeing as you stole the 1 she wanted lol). Am guessing it's easier to find the right house once your out there!!!

We had looked at the schooling for little un, so we are pretty happy with how that works. Just hope we can get her in after Xmas, don't want her missing out!!

Just giving you a heads up.....those of you who opted to go with the recommended health insurance through the migration company will get a bill when you turn up. The bill is dated from July in most cases when it was first set up. Only one of us here as actioned the insurance and he got over 400 bucks deducted from his account.(2 months worth, only been in the country 1) It doesnt seem right as people will be getting charged whilst still being in the UK.

One of us phoned up and they said if you dont action the insurance it becomes void after 60 days. So we are now looking for other insurance.

Guest chris and deb k

hi all

it depends when you arrive in sydney about the transport. according to john if its a late flight they put you up in a hotel near the airport (as they bhave done with us ) and then a driver picks you up the following day to take you to mussy. dont know what happens about getting a hire4car yourself will they pay for that in stead of the hotel.? worth a try we are going straightb to mussy before all the houses run out. mark have any of the others out there had probs with the accomodation hitachi set up for them or do you just get put in a hotel like you

laters

Archived