Cheltenham....?

cms72

Hi, I'm a midwife going to be working at Sandringham Hospital starting October. Going to plan to arrive in Sept. Bayside is a bit too expensive for me to live so I was thinking of Cheltenham or around there. Is Cheltenahm a decent suburb? And what are the best secondary colleges in that area?

Thanks, Clare :confused:

Cheltenham is ok, just, some parts are more expensive than others. If you look at a map of the area and take the Nepean Highway which is the large road which runs down through all the suburbs from Brighton to Frankston anywhere on the Beach side of it is more expensive than the other other side. Cheltenham, Mentone, Parkdale, Mordialloc are all cheaper on the non beach side of the Highway. Older housing as the suburbs have been there for a long time.

Only know the private schools around there but I am sure someone will pop on that knows about the public schools.

• 1 month later...
Guest mandyandbarry

Hi,

I work just outside Cheltenham at a special school, I've used Sandringham hospital a couple of times over the last 6 years.

I live in Mornington and find the commute to work okay, it's about 50 minutes up the Nepean Highway, the reason I mention this is that you will find much more affordable property down here as well as other hospitals for consideration down the track!

When you consider petrol over mortgage repayments it made sense to us to live in Mornington.

Good Luck

Archived