would you credit it!

kellyjamie

get this, jamie uploaded his cv to Logan council in Brissie ages ago like last year at some point anyhows a jobs came up identical to his and we received an email asking us our visa status and would jamie be interested in applying! Cant believe it, bit late now, its where we always wanted to go but could they not have done this last october:arghh:

anyhoos for those still trying keep at it as doors will open in the end x

Guest siamsusie

Hi Kelly,

What an interesting life the migration world has made for you lol.

I know you are sponsored for Tasmania, but when it comes down to employment issues, if that is scarce on the ground can you not thank Tasmania but move to Brisbane?

Susie x

we could do hun, but i feel we should keep our word and honour the sponsorship that tassie gave us as without them we wouldnt be going anywhere, but yeah your also right about work which is the most important thing isnt thing as without it we,re not going to make it work. oh suse i just would like a simle life lol:wubclub: xx

p.s ive already spoke with tas and told them about our road trip and he said thats fine arrive whenever no need to keep them up to date unless we need help when we arrive x

Guest SunshineSmile

Oh for goodness sake :arghh:

I can understand your loyalty to Tas.. but would it hurt to explore your option with Brisbane?

Keep us updated, things are always exciting when your around :twitcy:

Steph x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

They do seem laxadaisical in certain places in Oz. I interviewd and passed a 4 hour entry test and they said because i had a uk first aid certificate, that i didn't need an Australian one and they were so enthusiastic over my skills and experience they said i would get on the next training course, it was embarrassing at the interview the HR lady kept saying over and over, you have got the job. When we got back i contacted them and the same lady said ............. i'm sorry to tell you, you need an Australian first aid certificate and i could have screamed at her, i could have done it when i was out there. Some people in Australia don't know how hard it is to emigrate and it was a real kick in the teeth, but what can you do, incompetent people exhist everywhere.

Guest siamsusie
we could do hun, but i feel we should keep our word and honour the sponsorship that tassie gave us as without them we wouldnt be going anywhere, but yeah your also right about work which is the most important thing isnt thing as without it we,re not going to make it work. oh suse i just would like a simle life lol:wubclub: xx

p.s ive already spoke with tas and told them about our road trip and he said thats fine arrive whenever no need to keep them up to date unless we need help when we arrive x

Yes I appreciate that, its very commendable Kelly, the simple life:biggrin: if only Kelly.

Work is numero uno! the rest falls into place later doesnt it Kelly:wink:

:hug:You will get there.. love Susie x

Guest guest30085

Can you not apply for the job and if they are interested then tell the officials that you have found work in another state and as much as you would like to honour the 2 year SS for Tas that you havent received any offers from there yet? It is only a gentlemens agreement and I know you want to fulfil it but what if you dont find employment as suitable as this in Tas?

Good luck hun xx

thanks everyone

i emailed our tas sponsorship person and explained we had a possible chance of a good job, well paid in another state and they were very lovely about it, and said we could even take a year to try it and if not were always welcome in tas.

as i say i would feel pretty crap not honouring our sponsorship and we know that property is so much less in tas so would give us a better chance of owning our own home, but then if we dont get well enough paid jobs we wont get the house, so swings and round abouts. we,ll wait and see what happens with the Logan job and take it from there, weve contacted our person at DHHS in tas and been told that work in jamies area is very limited just now and if he gets some aussie exp asap we arrive he will have a better chance of work with them:goofy:

oh how id love things to just be smooth:biglaugh: oh and think were having to rent our house out as its not selling so if we had a job to go to it would make all the difference given we will have limited savings if we dont sell!

ok keep u posted :hug:

Guest siamsusie

Hi Kelly,

I am delighted Tasmania have been so understanding!

Well in the public sector they have announced some pretty hefty cut backs.. so this is just the beginning in the public sector. Mind you the Tasmanian politicians have awarded themselves some pretty hefty pay rises... Now where have I heard all this before I wonder:daydreaming:?

I would go with your gut instinct to be frank, as I have said before I would be going where the employment market is more favourable for you both! No job, no house... simple as really.

The main joy being that you have your visa so you have many choices!.. basically it is all mapped out for you!

Enjoy the ride.

Susie x

thanks everyone

i emailed our tas sponsorship person and explained we had a possible chance of a good job, well paid in another state and they were very lovely about it, and said we could even take a year to try it and if not were always welcome in tas.

as i say i would feel pretty crap not honouring our sponsorship and we know that property is so much less in tas so would give us a better chance of owning our own home, but then if we dont get well enough paid jobs we wont get the house, so swings and round abouts. we,ll wait and see what happens with the Logan job and take it from there, weve contacted our person at DHHS in tas and been told that work in jamies area is very limited just now and if he gets some aussie exp asap we arrive he will have a better chance of work with them:goofy:

oh how id love things to just be smooth:biglaugh: oh and think were having to rent our house out as its not selling so if we had a job to go to it would make all the difference given we will have limited savings if we dont sell!

ok keep u posted :hug:

TAZ and QLD are very different places (think Alaska vs Mexico), so depends what you want.

I know that the sponsoring states can be very understanding in this situation, so long as you are straight with them and so long as when you applied you intended to go there, if you had found a job opportunity in TAS you would have gone. I understand the loyalty angle but you would be doing them no favours if you went there but didn't find work.

As I said, depends what you want but I wouldn't have to think long about that particular choice.

Good luck, I know the drama's you had getting the visa, the main thing now is to get over here!

Susie - thats pretty much what the lady at DHHS said she was quite dissapointed because back in dec there were jobs for him and she was the one who gave our ref for our ss but now she says shes struggling to be allowed to fill positions but she will keep in regular contact with us and let us know if somethings coming up, think she really appreciated our commitment to move to oz from the get go when jamie initially phoned her.

Freebo i hadnt actually looked it from that point of view of we wouldnt be doing any favours to tas if we cant get work but thats spot on as for the difference we done our reccie in brisbane so know whats there

Tas were very understanding, he even said theyre economy is tight down there and employment can be tough to find even tho your on tassies list they cant guarantee work in your field, which they all say i know but atleast he was honest aswell.

I just have this awful feeling like im cheating on someone:twitcy: i think its because the people we had contact with in Tas have honestly all been so lovely to us and the fact tas is the only place to put faith in us and sponsor us, bu t also i know we need to do whats best for us now i just dont like the thought of anyone thinking were doing something wrong. Anyhow as you say we have the golden ticket of PR so onwards and upwards!! xx:hug:

Guest siamsusie

Now Kelly go and get them! wherever this might lead you to.

I am sure you will have no regrets... sorry you are not joining us in the "Alaska":laugh: aint seen no polar bears yet and no fish jumping then freezing midair:laugh:Its also not what people think of you at all Kelly, its what is doing best for your family! And yes I must say I find the Tasmanians delightful but then I am married to one!:laugh: xx

Archived