Working Holiday Visa???

Smithjed

Hi guys, :biggrin:

I am new to this! I am graduating as a vet (fingers crossed) in less than two months and planning to head to aus september time (via SE Asia). I am going to gain more experience with vets as well as possibly do some locum work and work for some racehorse trainers etc.

I've been looking at some visa websites for a WHV but I'm finding it difficult to see how much they are? Is there a minimum amount of work you have to do? Or could you end up working 2 weeks and that would be enough for example.

Does anyone have experience with any specific visa websites that were particularly good? and what price should I be looking for?

Any tips gratefully accepted. Thanks

Guest journeydownunder

If it's just a working holiday visa you're after they cost about $250 I think - something like that anyway. You don't have to work at all if you don't want to but if you want to qualify for a second working holiday visa you have to do a minimum amount of regional fruit picking, farm type work (not sure of the details) to qualify for your second year. Just go on to DIAC's website www.immi.gov.au and you can read up on it and apply on there. As long as you're 30 or younger then you'll be fine.

Thanks, ok the minimum work thing was a worry. But that is fine. Do you know whether there is much variation between different visa websites and their prices...they are sneaky at not showing you the price until you have gone through the appliation process!

H Smithjed,

Yeah the WHV is fantastic! U don't need any experience at all. Make sure you get it from http://www.immi.gov.au as stated above, they are the official government agency, and they offer it the cheapest.

A WHV is also a fantastic way to gaining potential sponsorship. Especialy with your skills as a vet! We Are in the lucky position of being able to give Oz a go and see what we think, as well as showcasing our skills to employers! Good luck with it all, you will love it!! X

Guest Herrboarder

You do not necessarily have to go through any visa company or website, you can just apply directly to the DIAC through their website and do an electronic application. I personally have signed up to go to Australia with BUNAC in August (I head out on 11th) because they offer some support when I'm in Australia (and it puts my parents mind at rest a little!)

The work requirement for the 2nd Working Holiday Visa is 3 months I believe (do check the DIAC website to be sure) and has to be in specified areas of Australia in specified types of employment.

Archived