175 Skilled-Independent - migration agent gone bust - help

Hello. Quick introduction, I am new to the forum...

We applied for the 175 Skilled independent Visa in Feb 2010. Our migration agent at the time, lodged the application and we have all corresponding paperwork/File Reference Number/Client ID etc.

However, we don't have a Transaction Reference Number which I need to check anything online. The (very small) migration agency folded under the pressure of the recession - but luckily not until having handed our paperwork in last year. They informed us at the start of this year, that they are no longer trading, sent us forms to change Adelaide's correspondence to ourselves rather than to them...

So, I have a few questions which perhaps someone could help us out with...

1. Is there any way of getting a TRN (Transaction Reference Number) - or of finding out if we have one? If so, how?

2. We just got married, so our relationship status has changed from an 8yr de-facto to married. Can anyone point us to what paperwork to file? Do I send any forms etc to this email: adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au ?

3. We handed our application in Feb 2010, ... has anyone who applied around that time heard anything yet? We were told by the agent that it might take up to two years to even get the process started. What are your experiences? What are the process times these days?

Thanks so much for any replies. I really appreciate it. It feels like any plans are on hold until we know what's happening, so it's nice to get help on this forum.

Thanks,

Anna

Guest berkworths

We applied for the 175 Skilled independent Visa in Feb 2010. Our migration agent at the time, lodged the application and we have all corresponding paperwork/File Reference Number/Client ID etc.

However, we don't have a Transaction Reference Number which I need to check anything online. The (very small) migration agency folded under the pressure of the recession - but luckily not until having handed our paperwork in last year. They informed us at the start of this year, that they are no longer trading, sent us forms to change Adelaide's correspondence to ourselves rather than to them...

1. Is there any way of getting a TRN (Transaction Reference Number) - or of finding out if we have one? If so, how?

2. We just got married, so our relationship status has changed from an 8yr de-facto to married. Can anyone point us to what paperwork to file? Do I send any forms etc to this email: adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au ?

3. We handed our application in Feb 2010, ... has anyone who applied around that time heard anything yet? We were told by the agent that it might take up to two years to even get the process started. What are your experiences? What are the process times these days?

Thanks so much for any replies. I really appreciate it. It feels like any plans are on hold until we know what's happening, so it's nice to get help on this forum.

Thanks,

Anna

Hi Anna

Oh what a nigtmare you are havving by the sounds of it, my understanding is that we only got our TRN No once the final application went in the form 175/176 etc, all the forms before that you complete 80, 1080 and god knows how many more, dont get the trn no. we started our process in feb 10 and the final visa app got lodged in dec 10 thats when we recceived our TRN no from our agent and confirmation letter with ref no etc. Itdepends on what type of visa you are going on and what cat you will be. MY OH is a a carpenter did the vetta assesment back in aug 10 logged app dec 10 although ended up changing cat from family sponser to SS and granted in april ss approval and now just got co and ready for meds and pcc etc: We are using a agent in oz we saw him when we went out there in dec 09 to visit family and decided if we did do this we would use him to cut out the middle man!!! may have been slightly more expensive but he has been v good and managed to get us SS without us even realising when things were going a bit pearshaped on the cat 4 family sponser side, due to my husbands trade he was able to apply. Have you spoken to other agents? sure you are a bit worried to trust them now, did you pay out much money? If you do want details of our agent just for advice as he is in oz perth already let me know and i can give you his details if this helps you.

Hope you get things sorted and moving again this is one big headache i know but hopefully will be worth it!!!!

Good luck

Kell:cute:

Guest lucyh

Thanks,

Anna

Hiya

well that sounds terrible, firstly did the agent apply online or paper? If paper i don't think you get a trn number (not possitive here) Howver go to https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa and click send a request to get one.

Relationship status should be no probs just send in or upload (once you get trn) your marriage certificate and a form 1022 change in circumstance form.

process times are very varied, some people from 2009 still are waiting, some from 2010 have had their grants. officially i think they are processing 175s from january 2010 however unofficially they have been processing a few as late as august 2010.

you could also send a ple (post lodgement enquiry) and ask about your trn etc

Sorry i only know what i have read here and there myself hope some helps though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lucy and Kell! Makes me feel a bit better.

It could actually be that we only lodged in paper - we had a lot of de-facto evidence that needed to be sent over etc... So I will do what you suggested, fill in and file the change of circumstances to Married once we got our final documents/wedding papers/translations etc sorted. I will then send everything to Adelaide and request a trn at the same time...

Fingers crossed it will all work out. Would be lovely if we heard something soon... It feels like a long time... 17 months... Once they do open the files and start the process, how do we know that we're going OK? If we'd get rejected, does that happen pretty early on in the process? I am not worried about medicals/police records, they are all fine. Just hope that our work experience counts - started my own company and it's hard to prove the hours.... despite having worked in my field for more than enough years all up.

Anyhow, will keep you posted. Thanks again for replying to my question.

Archived