Booking Flights

Eclipse

Hi

I am hoping to move over to Sydney next month. As this will be my first trip and will be validating my visa (175), can I book return flights, if I were to book a return flight but did not turn up for the flight back to UK once in Oz, what would happen?..also would I still get extra baggage allowance because I have not had my visa stamped yet?

The reason I am asking is because there is a sale on tomorrow for return flights UK to Oz

I hope my question makes sense !!

xx:v_SPIN:

Probably not unless you booked each way with different airlines. Those that give you that extra allowance & not many do, say you must be flying on a one way ticket with an unvalidated PR Visa.

Might be worth emailing them and asking though.

Like I said email the airlines. People have been given extra allowances with SA before and after booking just by prodding them even though they were coming on a temp visa. I've just done the same because I dont get the allowance as a spouse, nor does my hubby as a citizen even though he's never lived there. Hoping my poke and pitiful email will get them to give us a few extra kilos, if you don't ask you don't get.

Archived