Visiting OZ while VE175 under processing

Guest amer

Guest amer

Hi guys,

I need some advice from you ppl. My OH and I are planning to make a quick dash trip to OZ in mid-June to visit our friends.

We are offshore applicant (VE175) and received the March 18 letter stating we should be assigned CO within 3 months (i.e. by 18-June). My concern is I might be in OZ at that time the CO picks up my application.

Initially I thought I'd wait to be assigned CO first and let him/her know of my arrangement but lately I am seeing a lot of applicants are getting Visa grant right away (I have front loaded all the medical & pcc info).

So should I inform DIAC in advanced prior to flying to OZ. If yes how do I inform DIAC?

Guest VickyMel

The issue is that the last visa to be issued overrides any previous visas.

So if you get a CO without knowing and you have front-loaded Meds & PCCs and the visa is just issued by the CO without getting in contact with you - you may accidentally ask for the tourist visa after it is issued and thereby cancel the 175.

Yep maybe check with DIAC whether you have a CO yet & maybe attach a letter to the online documents stating you are getting a tourist visa at around that time and could they let you know prior to issuing the visa so that it does not overlap?

Guest amer

Thanks VickyMel for your response,

I am Dec10 offshore applicant, so I am pretty sure I do not have a Co assigned to me yet. So I wonder if i can:

1) Apply for tourist visa now? In the event I got a CO and were to grant me a PR, it would cancel my tourist visa right?

2) In the event I have a tourist visa and CO were to grant me a visa while I am in OZ at that time, will that be a problem? How do I inform DIAC in advanced that I will be in OZ during that period?

Much appreciated...

Guest VickyMel

Hopefully someone else will come and comment as I am really just working on memory of comments by others which may or may not be correct.

Hopefully a friendly Migration agent will pop in and comment.

Archived