Taking A Dog To Oz

Guest BRAMBLE

Guest BRAMBLE

HI, COULD ANYONE GIVE ME A ROUGH IDEA HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO TAKE OUR DOG WITH US TO PERTH AND WHAT IT ENTAILS.

MANY THANKS BRAMBLE.:jimlad:

Hi, i think ive seen posts saying approx £3000. If you hit the search button at the top, you should find loads of posts with prices, and companies used. This question comes up quite alot, we must all be animal lovers!!

hays

Guest michele'n'michael
HI, COULD ANYONE GIVE ME A ROUGH IDEA HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO TAKE OUR DOG WITH US TO PERTH AND WHAT IT ENTAILS.

MANY THANKS BRAMBLE.:jimlad:

HI i've also heard its approx£3500-£4000!! As much s the container Michele xx

Guest uksniper

I have a German Short Haired Pointer which is going to cost in the region of £3000 including the 30 days quarantine in Sydney.

Have a read of this post that I have pasted for you:-

"Hi we shipped over four cats and one cocker spaniel (and trying to get the other cocker over here still), via Overhill Kennels in bristol to Brisbane. Get the import permits asap, can take about six weeks. Valid for six months. Woudln't worry about the five month waiting thing. Eastern Creek in Sydney (where ours went) has lots of places for dogs, bit of a problem for cats when we tried but we got them in. Have a word with your pet shippers. Our major nightmare has been the blood tests the dogs ahve had to have. The dogs have got to have a full dhppi to come here (DONt LET THEM HAVE THE LEPTO part of the injection for at least six months before you travel, preferably a year as they may not be able to travel. But the main problem has been the Ehrlichia tests (tests for tick born disease), one of ours passed, the other failed and we've been desperately trying to get her over here. May be worth having a word with your vets or AIrpets (we're trying to get the second dog over here with them at Heathrow . She's staying wiht my father in law over in the UK. If they fail the erhlichia (only testsed for 14 days before tehy fly) they cant' come to oz. They ahve to have antibiotics (strong ones) to see if they can come and it's expensive and traumatic.

Total cost to get our cats and one dog over here 4, 500 K argh. And to get the other dog 1,500K. Also you have to make sure they're frontlined as ticks are a real problem out in brisbane. Sorry forgot where you're heading! They ahve the paralysis tick dodgy to dogs so you ahve to check them daily and you have to frontline them every two weeks and it's still expensive, about 20 quid for three capsules. You have to get them a heartworm injection (get it done after quarantine but almost as soon as you can after they're out). but that's only once a year and get them registered wtih the council. Make sure they're microchipped too. We used dogtainers here in oz to fly them from sydney to brisbane and they were fab, cost about 250 quid. Eastern Creek were fab but may be an idea to have the dogs clipped before you get them on the plane just because of the heat. ANy more questions please feel free to pm me. Our one dog is coping very well in the heat. She lieks a lie in the sun (seh's seven) but also likes to stay in the air con!"

You could also look at British Expats

there is loads of info about it. You will get the exact qoute if you just email airpets with the size of your dog.

Hope that helps.

Mat

Guest uksniper

I personally never used overhill, that's a paste from a post on Britexpats. I thought Overhill were expensive and did not do as detailed a service as Airpets. I am using airpets to move my mutt.

Thanks for that, where are airpets? How did you find them?

Hiya Guys&Dolls, We have been recommended a company called

'Golden Arrow Shippers' not sure if anyone else on here has used them though!

x

Hi we used pets on the move for our cat, they picked her up and took her to the airport. However, what I wanted to say is that Byford Quarantine isn't a very large quarantine station so you need to book early, when we first enquired in August last year they were already full booked up until the 2nd week of December - so do plan ahead and book early.

Ali

Guest guys&dolls

Thanks everyone for your reply's I will look into those you have suggested and do a bit more homework on it. Our dog will be 14 this year and just cant consider leaving him behind but Im really worried about how he will cope with the flight and being away from us for 30 days.

Guest ontheup

Just for info the aussies just introduced another blood test reuqirement to test for Leishmania Ifat. It wont make a difference to the blood taken but it may cost a few quid extra for the new test.

Archived