Supermarkets in Oz, is it lack of competition?

Guest Mallam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support my local community as much as possible and shop at the local butchers, fruit and veg shop, Bakers, IGA, Newsagent etc. I go to the local markets and if I need work doing at my house I always use a local tradesperson from the ads in the community newspaper. I strongly believe that you have to invest in your local community, and it doesnt always mean that you are paying more. My local IGA compares costwise very favourably with the BIG 2, and I can shop anytime 7 days a week from 8 till 8. Working fulltime with a long commute either end of the day, I am often not around when the BIG2 are open, and this was what led me to look at shopping elsewhere when I had the time. I encourage everyone to look at the alternatives to one-stop shopping at the BIG2. Australia can't afford to have a Tesco/Sainsbury mentality where all you can get is home brand produce and very substandard meat, fruit and veg at inflated prices.

Keeping money in a local community benefits everyone and we are all winners, not just the shareholders of Coles and Woollies.

Guest siamsusie
I support my local community as much as possible and shop at the local butchers, fruit and veg shop, Bakers, IGA, Newsagent etc. I go to the local markets and if I need work doing at my house I always use a local tradesperson from the ads in the community newspaper. I strongly believe that you have to invest in your local community, and it doesnt always mean that you are paying more. My local IGA compares costwise very favourably with the BIG 2, and I can shop anytime 7 days a week from 8 till 8. Working fulltime with a long commute either end of the day, I am often not around when the BIG2 are open, and this was what led me to look at shopping elsewhere when I had the time. I encourage everyone to look at the alternatives to one-stop shopping at the BIG2. Australia can't afford to have a Tesco/Sainsbury mentality where all you can get is home brand produce and very substandard meat, fruit and veg at inflated prices.

Keeping money in a local community benefits everyone and we are all winners, not just the shareholders of Coles and Woollies.

My sentiments entirely! :notworthy:

Guest Guest37175
Guys please - this is a thread on shopping - not trolley wars at 100 paces. Send PM's to each other if you want to do this. Please don't hijack the thread.

Sorry Newjez, we were just having a laugh, but sorry to take it off-topic.

Archived