Peanut Allergy / Hayfever.

Guest BRAMBLE

Guest BRAMBLE

:biglaugh:HELLO, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A PEANUT/NUT ALLERGY. ONE OF MY CHILDREN HAS A SERIOUS PEANUT ALLERGY AND I WAS WONDERING HOW PEANUT ALLERGY SUFFERERS GO ON DOWN UNDER? I.E SCHOOLS AND BREAKFAST CEREALS ETC. ALSO I AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE MOVING TO PERTH WITH HAYFEVER STILL SUFFERS THE SAME/WORSE/BETTER THAN IN THE UK? ANY INFORMATION GREATLY APPRECIATED!

:biglaugh:HELLO, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A PEANUT/NUT ALLERGY. ONE OF MY CHILDREN HAS A SERIOUS PEANUT ALLERGY AND I WAS WONDERING HOW PEANUT ALLERGY SUFFERERS GO ON DOWN UNDER? I.E SCHOOLS AND BREAKFAST CEREALS ETC. ALSO I AM CURIOUS IF ANYONE MOVING TO PERTH WITH HAYFEVER STILL SUFFERS THE SAME/WORSE/BETTER THAN IN THE UK? ANY INFORMATION GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Peanut allergy is well documented here in Perth. The schools and child minding centres are well aware of the seriousness of it; and appropriate action is taken so as to prevent a repeat occurrence of a tragic incident.

Unfortunately; it had to take the death of a little one to bring it all out into the spotlight.

Must admit; prior to seeing it on the TV and reading about it in the press following reports about the tragic death.......... I wasn't aware such a condition existed.

I'm pretty sure the schools make mention of peanut allergy in their enrollment handbooks and such conditions have to be registered with staff.

I suffer from hayfever but other than from when there is an excessive amount of pollen in the atmosphere; it doesn't seem to bother me as much down-under as it did in the UK?

Thanks For That...i See You Live In Carramar. That's Where We Are Thinking Of Looking To Live. Do You Like It?

Below is an extract pertaining to peanut allegies taken from the main school at Carramar's enrollment handbook.

If you PM me your email address I can send the full booklet as an attachment.

moz-screenshot-4.jpg" ALLERGIES – FOODS AT SCHOOL

St Stephen’s has a Policy for Anaphylaxis which can be viewed on the

school’s website. Please note a number of students at St Stephen’s are

severely allergic to peanuts and/or other nuts. Please avoid sending any food

containing peanuts (including peanut paste) to school. For further information

please refer to Anaphylaxis Action Plan and then the Anaphylaxis Guidelines."

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Getting back to your question about Carramar......... well we love it in Carramar.

We built a house in Golf Links Drive in 1997 on the golf course estate, we sold that and moved onto a 5 acre block about 5 years ago.

When are you due to arrive?

Sing out if you need any help re real estate matters or anything else?

moz-screenshot.jpgmoz-screenshot-1.jpgmoz-screenshot-2.jpg

Hi,

My childrens school (Leeming WA) takes peanut allergy very seriously in that no child is allowed to take any preanut products for lunch.recess etc., in case a child with an allergy accidentally comes into contact with it. I think most schools int he area have such a clause.

Ali

Archived