Looking good for a Brisbane move this year :oD

paisleylass

Just introducing myself here, I'm Cath and live in Paisley at the moment with my husband. We made a vow at the start of this year to look into emigrating as soon as possible, and it's all happening - my clever hubby has just been offered a great job in Brisbane on a 457 visa! I'll also be looking for work in the field of healthcare statistics which is what I do now, though to be honest I'm happy with anything in the short term to earn a bit of pocket money.

No kids and no major ties here, so all is good. I'm already 'househunting' for both short and longer term accommodation, and am so far liking the look of Sandgate and surrounds for long term, and have spied an ideal looking short term rental in Ipswich though the commute to Brissie may be a bit long? Got a while to look around anyway.

I say no major ties, but having a house on a mortgage in a serious negative equity area is a concern. We may have to switch to a buy to let mortgage and let out, which is risky, but no way are we selling for peanuts!

So that's the situation, and we are going to spend this long weekend celebrating! Really looking forward to the big change in surroundings and lifestyle, and living so close to the Gold Coast will make for some great daytrips! Better than Ayr any day :oD

Looking forward also to interacting on this forum, having lurked since hubby's interview! Now the news has come it's when rather than if. Happy days!

Cheers PommyPaul! I guess Brisbane was more the employer's decision - we kinda had Melbourne as the favourite, but the more I look into Brissie the better it gets! Darwin or Sydney could have been other destinations and I wouldn't have fancied either of those - I'm sure Sydney's fab but we'd be broke!

Info here is invaluable, especially re. getting a rental house and cost of living. Bananas are how much?! Good job I'm not keen on 'em!

Turning into a lovely sunny day here, got VBs in the fridge for later (on special at Tesco, yay!), and we can get in a nice practice barbie - bonza! (Do people really say that?! great word!)

Archived