Help on State Sponsorship

Guest stephen6aitken

Guest stephen6aitken

Having counted up my points for the Independent Skilled Migration Visa under the new points system, I'm on 115 - an agonising 5 points short of the pass mark.

However if I was nominated by a state/territory then I'd get a further 10 points pushing me over the line.

I've found my occupation on a couple of state SOL lists, however despite reading the documentation, a bit confused by the process. Could anybody help on the following:

- Can I apply to (and receive nomination from) more than one state

- Do I still go for the skills assessment first and then apply for state sponsorship

- Is this quicker than the normal route

- Anybody got any experience on this they could share

Would appreciate any advice / guidance.

Guest silverstargazer38
Having counted up my points for the Independent Skilled Migration Visa under the new points system, I'm on 115 - an agonising 5 points short of the pass mark.

However if I was nominated by a state/territory then I'd get a further 10 points pushing me over the line.

I've found my occupation on a couple of state SOL lists, however despite reading the documentation, a bit confused by the process. Could anybody help on the following:

- Can I apply to (and receive nomination from) more than one state

- Do I still go for the skills assessment first and then apply for state sponsorship

- Is this quicker than the normal route

- Anybody got any experience on this they could share

Would appreciate any advice / guidance.

did you know on the english you get 15 points automatically for a british passport, but now with the changes you can get up to 25 points for sitting an english test? the ielts :yes:There are a couple of agents on this site who will probably help you

Guest stephen6aitken
did you know on the english you get 15 points automatically for a british passport, but now with the changes you can get up to 25 points for sitting an english test? the ielts :yes:There are a couple of agents on this site who will probably help you

Yep - had counted on that already. By my reckoning I have:

- 60 points for occupation

- 20 points for age (I'm 38)

- 25 for proficient English

- 10 for specific wok experience

Only option is to go for state nomination I think

Hiya

There is someone on here called 'minlady' and shes going stni to Perth. Shes a friend of mine so I'll text her and tell her to come and help you.

I do know that they did their skills assessment before applying, they then had to apply to Perth asking for sponsorship, once that was agreed they lodged their application.

It hasnt been any quicker than anyone elses though but they're being held up at the moment waiting for a police check from another country.

Dont know if you can apply to more than one state either, sorry.

I'll try and get hold of her now.

Sam xx

Yep - had counted on that already. By my reckoning I have:

- 60 points for occupation

- 20 points for age (I'm 38)

- 25 for proficient English

- 10 for specific wok experience

Only option is to go for state nomination I think

do you have a partner i think you get points for this also i will get my paperwork out and look when i get a chance send me a pm so i dont forget we are goin to perth on a stni just got a dvd off them this morning .....

Guest mandurah

Hi there we got state sponsorship from WA and it only took three weeks. We did it online and it was really straight forward. as part of the process they ask for evidence that you have had your skills assessed so I would definately get your skill assessed before doing anything, again this took a couple of weeks for me but the assessment certificate is only valid for two years. We started the whole thing at the end of june.

Hope this is of help to you.

With a State Nomination you would apply for a subclass 176 visa, where the points pass mark drops to 100.

The key is therefore finding a State or Territory Government that will nominate you for a permanent residency visa. Work your way through each of them, by typing "skilled migration South Australia", "skilled migration Western Australia", etc into Google

Note that with the changes to skilled migration the wanted skills lists and procedures in some of the States have not yet been finalised.

Best regards.

Archived