WA SS form 1100 not getting to DIAC!!

Hayley723

:arghh:Hi everyone

I lodged my 176 visa application with diac on 04/03/2011, I had an email from WA saying that they confirmed SS with diac on 31/03/2011 so I have been waiting expecting to be assigned a co anytime soon however I have read on here that form 1100 (the form that the states have to send to diac either by post or by email to confirm that they have granted ss) sometimes can get 'lost' in thin air & sometimes diac don’t receive it!! If this is the case you would just be assessed as priority 3 instead of priority 2 & diac could sit on your application for months.

I had a funny feeling that this might be the case as we hadnt heard anything at all so I decided to phone diac early this morning only to be told that no they hadnt received form 1100 from WA!!!! Grrrrrrr!!! I was not best pleased! As I was up anyway I phoned WA straight away & they said they did email form 1100 on 31/03/2011! They said they don’t know what has happened to it, the only explanation could be that it has got lost in email somewhere! I confirmed our diac case file number with them & that was correct, I trust that they have emailed it to the right place as they email these forms all the time. WA said they would re send it. So now weeks have gone by without me knowing that nothing was accually happening. If there are some of you that have lodged your 176s with diac ages ago but havent heard that a co has been assigned I strongly recommend that you phone them to check to see whether they have received form 1100 as it wont be progressed quickly until they have this form. They don’t seem to respond to the emails so I would say its best to phone even if it is in the early hours!!

Hi,

(think we've chatted on another thread!)

We received an email from DIAC via our agents nearly 4 weeks ago, it stated we were category 3 and suggested we do our medicals and police checks, etc as they anticipate we will be allocated a CO within 3 months.

Long story short, our agents have confirmed we ARE Category 2 and agreed that possibly DIAC are still waiting to receive our Form 1100. Our agent assures us they are chasing this up and as they have been extremely effecient so far I have no reason to doubt them, however, I'm wondering if 4 weeks is a long time to wait for acknowledgement from DIAC. I was wondering if you could let me know the numbers you rang and what info you needed to hand? I'm not sure DIAC or WA will speak to me as we are using agents but it's got to be worth a try.

Thanks

Guest milliebooboo

Thanks for letting us know.... we logded 5 and a half weeks ago and havnt heard anything yet but was scared of contacting DIAC because they say DONT contact them for 6 weeks after lodging. I just know my form will be the one floating around the abyss.

What u need to do to chase this up is call diac, their number is 0161 300364613 including the code. I call them between 5.30 & 6 am as they are in Adelaide, 8 & a half hours in in front & they close at 4pm so this is around the best time for us to call. U will be held in the queue for about 30 mins but they will eventually pick up (we have a tariff with our phone provider where international calls are 3p a minute & the last call we made to diac only cost us £1.30 but I guess it would be pretty costly without that tariff. U will need your client id or trn number.

I also called WA when I found out diac hadnt recieved the form if ur going to WA their number is 0161 892182100. U will need the reference number from your ss approval.

Hope you get on ok if you decide to phone.

Hayley

Guest roymoody
What u need to do to chase this up is call diac, their number is 0161 300364613 including the code. I call them between 5.30 & 6 am as they are in Adelaide, 8 & a half hours in in front & they close at 4pm so this is around the best time for us to call. U will be held in the queue for about 30 mins but they will eventually pick up (we have a tariff with our phone provider where international calls are 3p a minute & the last call we made to diac only cost us £1.30 but I guess it would be pretty costly without that tariff. U will need your client id or trn number.

I also called WA when I found out diac hadnt recieved the form if ur going to WA their number is 0161 892182100. U will need the reference number from your ss approval.

Hope you get on ok if you decide to phone.

Hayley

Hi Hayley

Although I did receive an email from WA saying they had sent through my 1100 to DIAC your post worried me and I thought I had better call !

I called at 12:44 AM and after 36 minutes on hold spoke to a nice gentleman who said that they have received the 1100 and my application has been referred for CO allocation which should be in the next couple of weeks ! 36 minutes on hold, 30 seconds on the phone but at least I can now go to sleep knowing there is nothing else I can do !

We'll all get there ... one day !

night night

Roy

I'm having a nightmare with this form 1100, I phoned diac this morning again (as I don’t have an agent) & they said they still havent received ss approval from wa! This is after wa re sending it on Monday aswell. Im fuming how on earth can an email get lost not once but twice!!! Diac said 'call back in a couple of weeks to see whether it might have turned up'!!!! I had an email from wa on 31st march saying they had originally sent it so I'm not prepared to wait any longer, all I want to know is that ss confirmation has taken place!!!!!!!! I phoned wa this morning aswell & they said they did resend in Monday but they will call diac to check it out. I don’t know what else to do & don’t really know whether to trust that wa will accually do that. Everyone that I spoke to this morning couldn’t really be bothered to help, I know they have to deal with a lot of applications but don’t they realise that this is peoples lives in the balance!! I think I'm just gonna phone wa everyday until I get on their nerves that much that someone sorts this out.

Sorry for the rant everyone!!!

Guest roymoody
I'm having a nightmare with this form 1100, I phoned diac this morning again (as I don’t have an agent) & they said they still havent received ss approval from wa! This is after wa re sending it on Monday aswell. Im fuming how on earth can an email get lost not once but twice!!! Diac said 'call back in a couple of weeks to see whether it might have turned up'!!!! I had an email from wa on 31st march saying they had originally sent it so I'm not prepared to wait any longer, all I want to know is that ss confirmation has taken place!!!!!!!! I phoned wa this morning aswell & they said they did resend in Monday but they will call diac to check it out. I don’t know what else to do & don’t really know whether to trust that wa will accually do that. Everyone that I spoke to this morning couldn’t really be bothered to help, I know they have to deal with a lot of applications but don’t they realise that this is peoples lives in the balance!! I think I'm just gonna phone wa everyday until I get on their nerves that much that someone sorts this out.

Sorry for the rant everyone!!!

Hi Hayley

Everyone understrands your frustration and a rant helps to relieve some of the tension at least ... I don't know if it is possible but could WA email/fax it to you and you fax it over to DIAC ? At least you'll know they have it then.

Anyone else received a copy of an 1100 ?

Roy

Hi Everyone,

Just to update you with my progress,

I phoned WA at 3am this morning to discuss the missing form 1100 & they were really unhelpful! Basicly they said they cant re send 1100's as diac get angry with them so if I wanted it resent again I would need to ask diac to put it in writing!! Can you imagine how long that would take!!! I asked them whether they could email the 1100 to me so I could send it to diac myself but they said they couldn’t. A very productive phonecall!!! Not!!

Anyway I was really annoyed after I came off the phone & decided to phone diac 1 more time to see whether by chance they might have received the 2nd 1100 that was sent last Tuesday. I waited for 50 mins on the phone (think its busier on a Monday cos of people phoning after the weekend), they eventually picked up & I spoke to a very nice lady who said that they HAD received our sponsorship confirmation & that its all been approved!! She said it had been received on 16th (so this means they are working saturdays which is good for all of us!!). She saidwe will be allocated a case officer very soon as they are pretty much up to date & we lodged on 4th march. I feel a lot better now knowing that were sitting in the right queue, I'm so glad I rang diac in the end as that saved a load of hassle. Infact I don’t think I would have known what to do if it still hadnt got there! At least its all sorted. I will now await a case officer!!!!

Yes it was worth it in the end even though I have been falling asleep at work today!!

I hope the rest of the journey is pretty smooth my nerves are already shot!!

Wonder how long we will have to wait for a co? It seems as though a few of us are waiting now.

Guest NeilEB

Sorry to jump on this thread again.

I've just (about an hour ago!) lodged my 176 application on line, and got my TRN number.

I have filled in, signed and emailed the State Sponsorship agreement form to WA.

How do I know if / when the 1100 has arrived at DIAC? By the sounds of this thread it's something that can get lost, but how do I know, and at what stage should I start panicking?

Archived