How do you know which state to pick for 176?

Lucysdream

Hey all,

We are going to apply for SS for either SA or WA, but how the hell do you make that decision on which one to pick???!!!! My agent has asked me the question today and I am thinking........I dunno.:swoon:

My partner is a welder, we have heard there are plenty of work opportunitys in WA, however my partner has also found out in pass few weeks that his half brother is now living in Adelaide who he hasn't seen for a few years and we just in the process of getting in contact with him, also SA is closer to other states for visiting. I assume if welders are on SA list there would be plenty of opportunitys for jobs there as well. Can anyone give any advice or any sites to search for help.

Thanks in advanced.

Lucy.:hug:

Guest NeilEB

Well, which state do you want to live in?

Check both State Migration plans if you haven't already. Check some job sites (Seek is good, not sure if there's a more industry specific one).

Oh also SA are closing for new applications at the beginning of May, so that may rule out SA for you.

That's what we are trying to figure out, which one do we want to live in, never visited either. Yes we know about 2nd May, so that may decide for us, but we are hoping we can lodge the application before that and hope WA doesn't follow suit so we still have a choice.

Guest NeilEB

I'm not sure how much info we can give you - it's really a personal preference.

Maybe you could let us know why you have picked on SA or WA, and what you are looking for out of the move to Oz?

well SA or WA as that's the states we can apply for under my partners trade. I am going to try that seek website. We are just moving to oz for the outdoor lifestyle. We visited the East coast and loved how friendly the people were, the nice beaches and good weather. We still need to be able to get work of course. I am just wondering how other people decided on places they never visited.

Hi I wanted to go to WA but can't get in with my trade anymore we are applying to SA now

I visited WA last year and loved it, and was very disappoint I couldn't go there, however after researching SA I believe it is a better fit for us to start with at the mo I intend hoping states after 2 years but you never know I may fall in love with SA and stay.

Do lots of research especially cost of living in both states and good luck with your decision :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went on seek website and there seems to be a lot more work advertised on there for Perth and WA for both our jobs, then there is for SA/Adelaide. I am going to look in more depth at this as for it to work we both need to be able to get work. My partner's trade is on SS list for SA & WA so I would assume there would be plenty of work for him in both, but it didn't seem so much on seek for SA. It's such a tough decision, will need lots of research. If only we had time to visit both places before we decided but no chance of that now.

Archived