12 years old moving to perth joonduloop

Guest myamaria

Guest myamaria

hiyaa,

my name is mya and im moving to joonduloop perth , wanting to make new friends before moving out to oz.i am hoping to move out there in may/june time ,and im a bit scared about leaving all my friends behind. :/

Hi

It's a big thing leaving your friends and family - i'll bet your mum and dad are also feeling the same way. My daughter was 11 when we moved to Perth and she loves it. She settled into school very quickly and made friends. Four years later, she's still in touch with all her friends in the UK that she was close with, so hopefully, moving doesn't mean you'll lose your friends, it is different that you don't see them but you can still keep in touch.

Good luck with your move

Ali

Guest dazzandkim

heyyaa, im 14 and also looking to move to perth maybe joondalup, i dont mind being your friend :) xx

hey there, we moved a year ago and I have 3 boys a little younger than you. 11 and 10. They were nervous for their first day at school but as soon as recess arrived the kids were kind to them and asked them to join them to play. You will find a lot of kids play sports at play time or hang around on the monkey bars and climbing equipment that all schools have. Schools are very relaxed places here, the work is not hard and lots of emphasis on team work and being out doors. Teachers are also more relaxed and it is common for parents to be taking you into class in the mornings etc. Uniforms are pretty casual too in the government schools. Make sure that mum and dad organise lots of playovers with your class mates and picnics at the park, beach etc and try and join a club outside of school too. This will all help you to make friends and get on. Other than that, aussie kids are much the same as uk ones, they all like tv, movies, shopping, out door life etc etc. If you are allowed fbook then keep in touch with your friends back home that way, and Skype of course. All the best in your new adventure.

• 1 month later...
Guest myamaria
hey i'm 12 and moving to perth in august:)

don't think @ joonduloop though..

good luck!:D

xx

cool:D have you got facebook?

Archived