any other options other than HIFX?

Guest the jp's

Guest the jp's

Hi everyone,

I am just about to send off my completed application form to HIFX, as I need to send money to an oz bank account. This company has been recommended, but saw a financial advisor last week, who said it's worth shopping around. I had a quick 'shop around' the internet, but wasn't sure what I was looking for, and couldn't find much that made one company out to be better than another. Anyone with any experience of this, can you help, please?

At the moment I just want to send over £100 a month to a Commonwealth bank saver account, but may be in a position to send more later on in the year, as and when (if!) the prices are good. It is likely I will need to send over £100 000 to finance a land purchase by December / January when the titles are ready. Any general advice will be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance,

Caroline JP

Guest Guest9973

We use Custom House for currency transfers and they have been very good.

Nice to have a local office here in Adelaide so you can do business personally as well.

Custom House Global Foreign Exchange

I have recently noticed people using a company called Halo financial services as well, they seem good too.

The cost of sending $100 per month would be fairly expensive so you should consider maybe doing it quarterly to reduce costs. Soem of my clients who have worked on contacts worldwide have regulary used XE.com and the service is very reliable and competitive XEtrade - How It Works . Look at at least 2-3 servcices and see who you are comfortable with and can get a good deal from. BEWARE of any deal that sounds too good!

Liam

Hi,

It is a shameless plug as they sponsor some space on PiO - Ozforex and they do promise to beat any rate by any of their competitors and the feedback I have recieved from folk using them has been excellent...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/index.php?page=Currency-Exchange

P.S. they are also giving away a free book at the moment called "The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia" :smile:

Tim

Archived