Atrocious Shipping Experience

Guest Macduck

Guest fergie family

Hi Guys

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. We shipped our belongings a year ago from scotland to adelaide. We used Whites & Co and they were fantastic I think it was about $3200 for a full container.

Two guys turned up on time put down dust sheets and started packing all our belongings even the tv was put into a specially made box. They packed most of the box's on the first day and the rest on the morning of the second day and then the container arrived around lunchtime with another couple of guys to start filling the container. They never left any mess and we were told it would take 10-12 weeks to arrive at Adelaide Port and it arrived on the day we were told and cleared customs no bother.

They used a local company to deliver our goods and they were great also. We unpacked ourselves as we were in a rental and did not want to empty all the box"s but all I had to do was phone them up when I was ready and they came to collect the empty box"s and packaging..

susan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest can36

Hi

Does anyone know if there is any reason why the shipping companies can't be named on here? surely it's not slander in the legal sense if you are accounting a factual situation - we too are heading from Scotland to QLD and have had AP, Pickfords and Doree Bonner round so far for quotes. AP seemed the most professional - but will no doubt be most expensive and TBH after reading all the horror stories - we are totally worried about shipping anything with anybody right now. Would totally appreciate any PM's of the companies. Thanks alot and good luck to you all with your shipping - let us all know later about your experience and who you ended up shipping with! Cheers. Andy

Hi

We cannot name and shame on the forum boards due to the threat of legal action (it is possible and we have had them on numerous occasions due to naming companys on the forum). PIO is a family run forum and unfortunately the owners just cannot afford to take the risk. I trust you understand

Cal x

Guest Sears Family

Hi

We've sadly had a bad experience, put too much trust in a particular company.

Their packers were like the chuckle brothers - leaning on boxes and thumping the sides to get things to fit! Falling over their packing materials while carrying boxes, dropping a guitar case, packing ruler/spoon/candles but failing to wrap picture frames / ornaments etc... (at all in some cases!), their 'purpose made' box for the tv was a cut up box - used a single thickness on front and back of tv, and a blanket - needless to say the base has been cracked!

We made a complaint the very next day - wish we had recorded / photographed the days events as it was unbelievable - though we did not feel like we could say or do anything directly - at the end of the day these strangers are handling your lifes belongings! Dont know what they'd get up to out of sight!

The company didnt care, said 'we'll have a word' - yeah right!! When we got our belongings here we filed a formal complaint and they've simply brushed us off with - 'Well you have insurance!' - THAT is NOT the point! YOU did not provide the service I paid for - why should this other company pick up the bill!? GRRRR

Sorry guys rant done - just thought I'd share.

BTW if anyone has a similar problem please get in touch as i have some pointers for your complaint letter. Needless to say I have now put in a formal complaint to BAR as this company state they do not consider compensation claims (eventhough the fact is stated within the contract terms!!)

I hate black cats!!!

Guest Ph0en1x
Their packers were like the chuckle brothers

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but that made me chuckle myself:laugh:

Guest destinationoz

Hi all - we are just about to book our shipping company - please PM me the names if you've had a really bad experience then I can avoid them

Thanks lots! I appreciate it

Guest jules B

Also very sorry to hear about your experience,but we too are also at the point of choosing between two different companies,so would really appreciate knowing who it is?? Please could you pm me too. Thanks for the info.

Guest popkins

Hi everyone

Well after reading the horrors of removal companies I too am feeling the fear of selecting the bad, so if anyone would be so kind as to PM me the particular companies to avoid I'd be very grateful, for those that have had terrible experiences I really feel for you, I'm sure you fell it as a violation as it's your personal possessions at the end of the day and I hope you manage to get answers along with compensation, I totally feel sad for the guy who had his tools of his trade lost especially as some of them had been handed down through his family.

Suzanne

Hi, we too are in the process of choosing a shipping company and would appreciate any pm's with names of who not to go with aswell!! Its so worrying, u trust these people with all your worldly goods so u expect they would look after it!!

Guest Sears Family
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but that made me chuckle myself:laugh:

You need good humour to do this! :biglaugh:

That or go mad !!

Guest Sears Family
Hi, we too are in the process of choosing a shipping company and would appreciate any pm's with names of who not to go with aswell!! Its so worrying, u trust these people with all your worldly goods so u expect they would look after it!!

I think ive given mine away in this and a previous post! If still unsure please PM me for details.

Hints for the move whoever you choose: :GEEK:

- keep an inventory of cd's / dvd's / books etc - sure I have a lot less than we started with (only did a full inventory of cd's)

- record everything you are taking, well as much as possible, even if you are not packing

- keep a good eye on packers and do not be like me and feel unsure about questioning them / taking photos/recording while they pack (even if you say you're doing a home diary or something!)

- get adequate insurance

- clarify what the company would do if damages are a direct result of their incompetance

- ensure they are a member of something like BAR

- clarify expectations and how they will pack items such as tv's / furniture etc.. (ensure it is in writing)

- keep all records & e-mails

- communicate asap if you are unhappy

- Take photos of items before, during & after (as necessary!)

- Dont be bullied into giving up on a complaint!

Best of luck everyone, this has been a difficult part of the move (mainly as some of my dads things have been damaged, he only passed away this time last year), but it has not put us off or made us depressed or anything like that - I'm after justice, they did a bad job and I want them to do something about it, not simply say 'awe sorry, well you have insurance!' thats not the point boys :daydreaming:

We love it here and would not change a thing - except maybe the removal company:laugh:

I think ive given mine away in this and a previous post! If still unsure please PM me for details.

Hints for the move whoever you choose: :GEEK:

- keep an inventory of cd's / dvd's / books etc - sure I have a lot less than we started with (only did a full inventory of cd's)

- record everything you are taking, well as much as possible, even if you are not packing

- keep a good eye on packers and do not be like me and feel unsure about questioning them / taking photos/recording while they pack (even if you say you're doing a home diary or something!)

- get adequate insurance

- clarify what the company would do if damages are a direct result of their incompetance

- ensure they are a member of something like BAR

- clarify expectations and how they will pack items such as tv's / furniture etc.. (ensure it is in writing)

- keep all records & e-mails

- communicate asap if you are unhappy

- Take photos of items before, during & after (as necessary!)

- Dont be bullied into giving up on a complaint!

Best of luck everyone, this has been a difficult part of the move (mainly as some of my dads things have been damaged, he only passed away this time last year), but it has not put us off or made us depressed or anything like that - I'm after justice, they did a bad job and I want them to do something about it, not simply say 'awe sorry, well you have insurance!' thats not the point boys :daydreaming:

We love it here and would not change a thing - except maybe the removal company:laugh:

Hi there we have the packers coming on Tuesday, hope it not them, can you pm me the company if you dont mind.

Thanks

Wilma

With my sense of humour bashed!! I'll tell you my happy story of last week...Like the poster our company didn't do the move but 'cross' hired another company to collect our things. (Bristol to Brisbane)

We had spent the weekend gathering all the furniture and bits to be moved into one room with plenty of space for the packing guys to move around lugged all the upstairs furniture etc downstairs so there were no stairs to climb access right out into the drive and van backed up to door..thought we were being helpful!

Two guys turned up three hours late and started to moan from the off...we hadn't packed enough? they we're supposed to be packing it...we had filled about ten boxes with books etc. They were there no more than three hours and left the place in a state with mud right through the house even though we had put dust sheets down they had moved them and not put them back. We rented in the UK and ended up paying 150 pounds cleaning bill from our bond!!!

They left the packing materials so we spent till 2 am the next morning packing for them but left some for them to do.

Next day one guy turned up almost four hours late, my partner had to help him wrap and pack the remainder and load the lorry as they had left the big furniture. My partner had a little moan and was told by the guy " I have a conviction for GBH!" not sure if that was a warning? (Blush) partner has one too :no:!! and a short fuse!!

Two days later I received an email from the shippers demanding an additional 998 pounds before they could send the container..we've already paid them almost 3000 pounds!

it was for the wrapping and packing of an extra twenty boxes which we wrapped and packed ourselves! they then said it was for the extra container space...we had removed a few cabinets etc and made the extra space which they were aware of! :mad:

THIEVES!!!!!

We've lodged a complaint with B.A.R

PM me for the details if your interested!!

Hiya,

please can you PM me the name? Thanks

Guest Kels07

Am hearing many unhappy situations from various people at the moment . The company we used were very poor. broken goods, additional cost etc - would avoid using the company. You are welcome to pm me for details.

Guest The Pom Queen

Unfortunately, we are going to have to close this thread because people are naming and shaming which is not permitted as per forum rules: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/91456-forum-rules-guidelines.html

I can fully understand your frustrations because I also would be wanting to name and shame a company who let me down, unfortunately in this day and age the forum cannot take the risks of having legal action brought against it because one member chooses to ignore these rules. If members could just say whether they would use a company again, ie Crown - Yes or

Crown - No

this would help, but when members start accusing companies and calling them a bunch of cowboys etc we have to step in.

One thing I will say in my years of being on the forum, I have seen negative AND positive for each of the companies, so whichever company you choose you will find someone who hasn't been happy, but maybe another 50 who have.

Thank you everyone for your understanding.

Kate:notworthy:

Archived