NT Sponsorship granted!!!!!

reddebz

Woooohooooo! I have got my NT state sponsortship and Im so happy! Just waiting for my agent to put together my visa docs and then off it goes! Does anyone know if the region you are going to affects the length of time it takes to get a CO?:biggrin:

I've seen here a lot of people getting a CO pretty quick, and they were granted with their visas even quicker. So, lucky you!

How long have you been waited for your SS? NT had also been an option for me, but due to their six months or more of waiting for their SS I chose to apply for QLD SS.

We were lucky and had met with someone from the NT in London on a jobfare. They were looking for construction workers and we went thinking that my husband could get a visa that way but it turned out he didnt have enough experience and she recommended me applying as Im a hairdresser and am on their list. I suppose we had a kind of interview. I have kept in contact with her and updated her of our progress along the way so when I e-mailed her and said we applied for SS we got a response within 3 days. We were amazed as had been quoted 30 weeks!

Guest sivakumar
We were lucky and had met with someone from the NT in London on a jobfare. They were looking for construction workers and we went thinking that my husband could get a visa that way but it turned out he didnt have enough experience and she recommended me applying as Im a hairdresser and am on their list. I suppose we had a kind of interview. I have kept in contact with her and updated her of our progress along the way so when I e-mailed her and said we applied for SS we got a response within 3 days. We were amazed as had been quoted 30 weeks!

when did you apply?

blimey that was fast - we had to wait 30 weeks plus!! wish i'd have bumped into that person at jobfare - would have saved months on heartache and anxiety of waiting. how lucky for you - must have been fate meeting her.

We got it in the end though and one month after getting the NT sponsorhip we had our full visa. we had to wait a few weeks for a CO as DIAC were clearing the Cat 2 backlog, but you shouldnt have that problem now so should get a CO very quickly.

the time it takes from getting a CO to getting the visa can vary, depending on how good your application paperwork is, whether you have your meds already and whether you need additional checks e.g. form 80. Luckily for us ours was very smooth and fast - think it took 2 days with the CO (the lady at NT said that was a record for her!). now the cat 2s have been cleared it shouldn't make any difference which state you are sponsored by - you are SS on an SMP so shoot straight to Cat 2.

best of luck with the next steps and i hope you get the visa soon

when you thinking of heading out there and where do you plan to go? we fly out 10 May, we are travelling for 3 months to visit familiy/friends and then heading to Darwin to settle.

Jo

blimey that was fast - we had to wait 30 weeks plus!! wish i'd have bumped into that person at jobfare - would have saved months on heartache and anxiety of waiting. how lucky for you - must have been fate meeting her.

We got it in the end though and one month after getting the NT sponsorhip we had our full visa. we had to wait a few weeks for a CO as DIAC were clearing the Cat 2 backlog, but you shouldnt have that problem now so should get a CO very quickly.

the time it takes from getting a CO to getting the visa can vary, depending on how good your application paperwork is, whether you have your meds already and whether you need additional checks e.g. form 80. Luckily for us ours was very smooth and fast - think it took 2 days with the CO (the lady at NT said that was a record for her!). now the cat 2s have been cleared it shouldn't make any difference which state you are sponsored by - you are SS on an SMP so shoot straight to Cat 2.

best of luck with the next steps and i hope you get the visa soon

when you thinking of heading out there and where do you plan to go? we fly out 10 May, we are travelling for 3 months to visit familiy/friends and then heading to Darwin to settle.

Jo

Well, we hope to be out there for Christmas. All of my husbands family live out there and it would be great to start the new year over there. We are just waiting on the visa really then we can put the house up for sale which should go pretty quick as its shared ownership and pretty sought after round here. We will be living with family in Tiwi darwin when we get over there and plan to get a rental ASAP as I want to settle our son into preschool quickly. Im having a crisis of conscience at the moment because we have decided to give our dog to a friend instead of taking her and now i feel guilty as my son adores her!

Archived