Lonely Mum to be - Cheltenham, Melb

lindsayloo

Hi there

Im currently 24 weeks pregnant, not working, bored, lonely and a bit fed up! Ive been trying to find a 'pregnancy' or 'mother and baby' group locally so I can try and meet other mums or mums to be but ive not been very successful... im originally from Nottingham and have been here a few years now but non of my friends have kids and im desperate to make some friends who are in a similar situation - surely im not the only mum to be around Cheltenham who would love to meet up with other pregnant ladies to discuss babies, names, labour anything really!

Hope to hear from some local pregnant ladies - fingers crossed :biggrin:

Guest shusselmann

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're feeling lonely. Are you booked in for any antenatal classes? I didn't have my children in Australia, but in the UK this is how I met local mums. I know Australian hospitals organise great mums groups once baby has arrived but am not sure whether they have organised classes before hand - maybe you could check at your hospital, or with your GP? The Australian Breastfeeding Association have breastfeeding and parent confidence classes for mums-to-be, attending something via them could be another way of getting out and about locally and feeling less isolated :-)

Good luck!

Get in touch with Community Health Centre where you live and they will have a lot of information for you. Also the City of Kingston should be able to help you with information about community classes and sessions and where they are in your area. Each suburb has community centres where there are groups of people doing all sorts of classes or just fhttp://www.bubhub.com.ariendship groups.

Also join The Bub Hub: Pregnancy Baby Parenting Website its a forum for mums and can help you make some contacts and get information.

Cheltenham Community Centre is the web site of the Cheltenham Community Centre.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Guest Barbiet25

Hi Lindsay,

I am in a similar situation, I am due in three weeks now and have been off work for a few weeks, which seems weird not working all my friends are full time and have no kids.

I am living in Elwood so not too far from you. Would be great to catch up and have a natter. when are you due.?

Thanks

Barbara

Archived