Aussie Receipe-pls help.

wishfulthinking

Hi i was wondering if anybody happened to know how to make this receipe. Bear with me and i'll try and explain. You get a crusty loaf and cut the top off, scoop out the insides and put to one side(you'll use these later to dip in), then you can either put a warm mixture inside of the bread or a cold one. I'm after the cold one. I know someone mentioned this to me a while back but can't seem to remember what it is, i know they said it had cucumber, phillidelphia cheese in but i don't know what else, can anyone help at all. I know its a long shot but thought someone may know.

Cheers natalie

Guest VickyMel

In South Africa it would be known as a Bunnie Chow and you could google for recipes. Generally have a curry inside - so I don't think it si the one you are after.

Very yummy - the liquid soaks into the bread but does not drip out due to the crust.

My friend brought one over filled with smoked salmon dip I think I've also had it with spinach and pinenut dip. The problem is that it takes a lot of dip to fill the loaf.

I can find the salmon recipe if you like but it's going to be ridiculously expensive. How about just making tzatsiki instead.

Try taste.com.au for a recipe.

Have fun.

Cal

1 cob loaf

1 onion chopped

1 frozen pack of spinach [ squeeze all the water content out ]

1 tsp of curry powder

1 cup of grated xheese

hald cup of mayonaise

250 g of cream cheese

cook onion and spinach together until onion is soft add other ingredients , cut top of loaf take out inner bread add all above ingredients and out inside of loaf put bread cap / lid on and wrap in foil

bale at 180 for 1 hour, last ten mins add pieces of bread takken from loaf to crisp uo to be used for dipping

can substitie more mayonasie for cream cheese

can also add garlic and diced bacon to the above cook with spinach and onion and other ingredients and follow as above

Guest Sam C
1 cob loaf

1 onion chopped

1 frozen pack of spinach [ squeeze all the water content out ]

1 tsp of curry powder

1 cup of grated xheese

hald cup of mayonaise

250 g of cream cheese

Sounds HEALTHY! :biggrin:

Is it a traditional Aussie recipe? I've never heard of it - I know some soups are served like that though!

my cousin gave me the recipe , great with a glass of wine when people turn up cheqp to make , can be prepared hours earleir and put in the oven later and very moorish , have another one with french onion soup , but i prefer this one my self

Archived