Anyone from Essex moving to Victoria ?

Guest chippy2011

Hi Trudy,

Thanks so much for your reply, so interesting to read all about how you have settled in Oz, sounds like you have a really great outdoor life.

I too am very interested about what you can get for your money, we will have a budget of around $400,000 and want a 4 bed, 2 living areas, 2 bathrooms - is this possible? Also do you pay a huge amount more to be nearer the sea etc? We are looking at the south east suburbs :-)

What is the the weather like where you are now? Is it going into your autumn?

Thanks for your replies so far!

Alex x

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course that is possible however not sure where that would be, we are in Cranbourne east and bought our 4 bed plus study, 2 years ago for $350, it is now valued around $430ish, so the increase in prices has been amazing, however rumours have it that it is steadying and may even reduce slightly so thats good news for you. Take a look on www.realestate.com.au and check out what you can get for your $400, other nice areas around here are Berwick which I think a slightly more pricey or some areas of narre warren south are nice. But you couldnt even consider before visiting as every persons views and wishes are different. Nearer the coast are vastly more expensive and more inland, pakenham you get more house and land for your money but are further away from city and beach.

We are now heading into autumn and the clocks went back at the weekend, so the nights are drawing in faster and can be a lil chilly, saying that today has been a beautiful 22 degrees and lil sunburn all round!! lol. We have learnt in melbourne to take each day as it comes as it really can be 4 seasons in 1 day. x

Thanks Trudy, will have a look at those areas.

We are going to do lots of research when we get there before we settle our children into schools so that we find the right area for us. We dont want to rent for long as we have heard it is very pricey! We also dont want to buy too quick either as we need to get it right first time!

That climate sounds ideal really, we were initially looking at Perth but thought that maybe although it would be nice for a holiday, could we live in blistering heat all of the time. Especially when we will be coing from the UK where it is chilly most of the time!!

We have just had an email from vetassess, next stage of my OH application, the practical exam! He is a vehicle painter and has to do so many assessments! But still, its the next stage so very exciting :-)

Alex x

Guest JennyHanson

Hope someone can help.

Me and my fiance (and three cats) are moving to melbourne next month - i am just waiting for the 457 to come through - apparently they are not taking too long at the moment either (?). We are going to be renting.

I am going to be working in the CBD but we want to live further out. Don't mind a bit of a commute to work - we've looked online at Brighton, Bonbeach and Yaraville. Anybody recommend any other nice areas... are there any areas to avoid like the plague?

Hope someone can help.

Me and my fiance (and three cats) are moving to melbourne next month - i am just waiting for the 457 to come through - apparently they are not taking too long at the moment either (?). We are going to be renting.

I am going to be working in the CBD but we want to live further out. Don't mind a bit of a commute to work - we've looked online at Brighton, Bonbeach and Yaraville. Anybody recommend any other nice areas... are there any areas to avoid like the plague?

I'm not really sure on those areas, but sure someone will be able to advise. Areas near me that i wouldnt live are Hampton Park, Hallam, Narre warren or Dandenong. but they are more inland.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cdchaplin

hi we have recently made the decision to start the whole process. Originally we thought perth but after more research we have decided vicoria, hopefully monington peninsula!in halstead 12 miles outside colchester!! I take ielts test 7th may as i am a nurse so 1st step of the process :yes:!!!!!

Guest tiddywiddy

Hiya

Just thought Id add my lovely Canvey Island to the Essex post......... we have a job offer & are currently battling with the Vetassess paperwork & will be going out on a 457 visa. The job offer in in Tamworth NSW, so have any of you wonderful people got any info on this area etc.

Lovely to read your posts & also nice to know peeps from Essex are they (dont know why, prehaps its because we all have a small thing in common, lol)

Lets big it up for Essex, I for one am not a typical Essex girl!!!

Guest arbers

HI guys me and the family are from the NOT so posh part of essex ..harlow we are in perth now have been for 3 months and lovin it we are in secret harbour witch is sor.

Guest tiddywiddy

I saw secret harbour on Phils spencers programme (sure it was that one anyone) it looks loverly. Is it much different to Harlow? lol never been to Harlow, but I sure it had its nice bits. How was the whole process of moving, settling in etc. Hope you enjoy your new life, very envious x

I saw secret harbour on Phils spencers programme (sure it was that one anyone) it looks loverly. Is it much different to Harlow? lol never been to Harlow, but I sure it had its nice bits. How was the whole process of moving, settling in etc. Hope you enjoy your new life, very envious x

That made me laugh- is it much different to Harlow!!!

I bet secret harbour is pretty much the same as Canvey- minus the crabbing pool!

Guest arbers

hiya tiddywiddy , lived in arlow( as we like to say it )for 25 yrs still have not found the nice bits lol, but its my roots!

lovin secret harbour great family vibe, the moving process was all pretty ezy going the movers packed it all and unpacked ,and as for settling in it was very ezy too we are lucky as we have some fellow harlowites already here .

we lived in sydney for 8 yrs so the hole ozzie thing is not new to us its just a different sate.

if you ever head this way we are always happy to meet new :biggrin:

Guest tiddywiddy
That made me laugh- is it much different to Harlow!!!

I bet secret harbour is pretty much the same as Canvey- minus the crabbing pool!

Oh I dont think it is like good old Canvey, lol. But its home & it could be alot worse, most of my family are from Barking & Dagenham, but Im an Islander born & breed.

We have hardly any shops left & up until list year the council tried to get rid of the exotic crabbing pool, HEALTH & SAFETY, but the power on the Canvey peeps saved the day & we have kept our pool........

I'm more than happy to do a house swap with ya, if you want (wont hold my breath on that offer, lol):nah:

Guest tiddywiddy
hiya tiddywiddy , lived in arlow( as we like to say it )for 25 yrs still have not found the nice bits lol, but its my roots!

lovin secret harbour great family vibe, the moving process was all pretty ezy going the movers packed it all and unpacked ,and as for settling in it was very ezy too we are lucky as we have some fellow harlowites already here .

we lived in sydney for 8 yrs so the hole ozzie thing is not new to us its just a different sate.

if you ever head this way we are always happy to meet new :biggrin:

Know what you mean about the roots, everyone slags MY Island off,but its home & it could be worse, although it aint wat it used to be!!

Kinda like the idea of a company packing our toot up & then unpacking it all, sounds like a plan, can that be done from Uk via Aus?

Our plan (hopefully if we dont die of RSI from filling in the god-damn stupid Vetassess application :arghh::cry::goofy:) is to hopefully pass that, then the poxy practical test, then jump at the chance of our 457 job offer & get on a plan & land in Tamworth, NSW. Have no idea what that place is like?? Any ideas?

Then see how it goes.

Yeap Im up for a meet up, not quite like Canvey to Harlow distance I would imagine?? lol :unsure::biglaugh:

Well fingers crossed I would love to be able to sample a new life, :daydreaming:

Oh I dont think it is like good old Canvey, lol. But its home & it could be alot worse, most of my family are from Barking & Dagenham, but Im an Islander born & breed.

We have hardly any shops left & up until list year the council tried to get rid of the exotic crabbing pool, HEALTH & SAFETY, but the power on the Canvey peeps saved the day & we have kept our pool........

I'm more than happy to do a house swap with ya, if you want (wont hold my breath on that offer, lol):nah:

House swap you wouldn't be going far- we live in Leigh ( Kent elms corner) !

My wife's from canvey, or should I call it the Marbella of the Thames estuary,her family are all still there- Charfleets area they love it!!!'

Were just waiting for my skills assessment result from Vetasses then were ready to apply for our visa.

Guest arbers
Know what you mean about the roots, everyone slags MY Island off,but its home & it could be worse, although it aint wat it used to be!!

Kinda like the idea of a company packing our toot up & then unpacking it all, sounds like a plan, can that be done from Uk via Aus?

Our plan (hopefully if we dont die of RSI from filling in the god-damn stupid Vetassess application :arghh::cry::goofy:) is to hopefully pass that, then the poxy practical test, then jump at the chance of our 457 job offer & get on a plan & land in Tamworth, NSW. Have no idea what that place is like?? Any ideas?

Then see how it goes.

Yeap Im up for a meet up, not quite like Canvey to Harlow distance I would imagine?? lol :unsure::biglaugh:

Well fingers crossed I would love to be able to sample a new life, :daydreaming:

don't know to much about tamworth apart from they have a big hoedown there every yr there must be a lot of cowboys up there ,and iam not talking about the tradies .

the moving part is ezy we went with a company call john mason they sort it out at both ends.

all the best with the visa and before you know it your be linedancing in cowboy boots! lol

Guest tiddywiddy
House swap you wouldn't be going far- we live in Leigh ( Kent elms corner) !

My wife's from canvey, or should I call it the Marbella of the Thames estuary,her family are all still there- Charfleets area they love it!!!'

Were just waiting for my skills assessment result from Vetasses then were ready to apply for our visa.

How funny is that, you could always stay at mine when visiting the in-laws, in the Moss side area of Canvey, LMAO.....

Dont mention the last bit to the wife they eh!!!

Oh you mentioning the good old Vetassess, how did you find the skills assessment (if that is the first stage?) we are having a frigging nightmare!!! :arghh:

What you do for a living?

Guest tiddywiddy
don't know to much about tamworth apart from they have a big hoedown there every yr there must be a lot of cowboys up there ,and iam not talking about the tradies .

the moving part is ezy we went with a company call john mason they sort it out at both ends.

all the best with the visa and before you know it your be linedancing in cowboy boots! lol

Oh sounds good!!!!!:skeptical:

I could borrow my little girls cowgirl hat, not into linedancing, dont know about he cowboy boots, got Dr Martens if they will do, lol

Doesnt sound that great to me, will prehaps have to find another town & commute there I quess!!!!

Thanks for the info on John Mason, will have to check them out, not too sure if I want them to check me out both ends though :Randy-git::biglaugh:

How funny is that, you could always stay at mine when visiting the in-laws, in the Moss side area of Canvey, LMAO.....

Dont mention the last bit to the wife they eh!!!

Oh you mentioning the good old Vetassess, how did you find the skills assessment (if that is the first stage?) we are having a frigging nightmare!!! :arghh:

What you do for a living?

Chippie by trade, took the skills test on the 11th April haven't heard anything back yet so fingers crossed!

Nightmare how come- are you using an agent?Were using one I can't be doing with all the greif..

Guest tiddywiddy
Chippie by trade, took the skills test on the 11th April haven't heard anything back yet so fingers crossed!

Nightmare how come- are you using an agent?Were using one I can't be doing with all the greif..

Were hopefully going on a 457, so a well known agent said they dont deal with 457 as its classed as a closed loop, just got the poxy vetassess skills assessment to do (nightmare, long boring story!!) then fingers crossed then the practical test??? Then got to fill in visa applications & hopefully the new employers will do some of the hard work, very much doubt it tho?

Hopefully you will have passed.

Is wifey an Islander then or just her family here?

Take care

Were hopefully going on a 457, so a well known agent said they dont deal with 457 as its classed as a closed loop, just got the poxy vetassess skills assessment to do (nightmare, long boring story!!) then fingers crossed then the practical test??? Then got to fill in visa applications & hopefully the new employers will do some of the hard work, very much doubt it tho?

Hopefully you will have passed.

Is wifey an Islander then or just her family here?

Take care

Tiddy check your inbox...

Guest cdchaplin

hi yes we know rayne cos my daughter horse rides there!!! Small world! Be great to keep in touch along our journey. collette :yes:

Guest cdchaplin

omg that is small world. yes be great to keep in touch. i got my english test next sat then aiming to forward y stuff off to nurse body for skills assessment as soon as get result through(hoping i get the marks i need!!!)

Hi, we are planning to move over to melboure and my wife is from Shoebury ness and i am from Benfleet, we are a forces family so live up by cheltenham atm, We are looking to move to Hoppers / Werriby area as my parents moved here 5 years ago and my brother about 15 years ago.

I am looking to get into the Mechanical Engineering managment / Lean efficiency area of work so will proberly end up working in the city.

Archived