Applied for 820 Partner Visa, granted BVE, why? Help please!

Cez

Heya,

applied in person for my 820 last week as my WHV expires tonight. Asked the immigration lady how I could get the 8547 6 month limitation lifted from my bridging visa and she gave me a form to fill in - application to change bridging visa, or something like that, and told me to do it then and there. So I did and took it back to her. Got confirmation of my application today, but it says I've been granted a BVE as I've had a BVE before (which I never have - never been to Oz before) and I have to wait outcome from Compliance as to my work limitations. I'm terrified because I've got a charity fundraising trip in India in September, and want to go home for Xmas. Why have I been granted this bridging visa, will it change to a BVA? Any help, I'm besides myself here and have to wait until immi reopens in the morning before I can ring.

thanks!

It's ok, having checked VEVO this morning, I am on a BVA. Think there may have been a clerical error with my receipt letter, or they have quite misleading wording as standard - have showed it to a few people who have been through the partner visa route and they all thought I had a BVE granted as well. Ah well.

Yeah, but cheers for checking ;-) My concern was that I wouldn't be able to apply for a BVB from a BVE which would have chucked a big spanner in the works alright. It's now looking like I won't be able to get home for Xmas in any case - flights seem to be around $2500 each return, and with not knowing whether I'll have my visa granted in time, and not being sure DIAC would grant me a second BVB, I'm not sure it's a gamble worth taking. Ah fun times indeed.

Yeah, but cheers for checking ;-) My concern was that I wouldn't be able to apply for a BVB from a BVE which would have chucked a big spanner in the works alright. It's now looking like I won't be able to get home for Xmas in any case - flights seem to be around $2500 each return, and with not knowing whether I'll have my visa granted in time, and not being sure DIAC would grant me a second BVB, I'm not sure it's a gamble worth taking. Ah fun times indeed.

off topic but out of interest, who did you find $2500 with? best I've found so far for xmas has been $2700

It must have been STA travel or australian Skyscanner, I can't remember which. I don't think they were very peak dates, maybe the 15th Dec going out and the 4th Jan coming back.

Edit: Just put in test dates of the 19th Dec, returning to Sydney on the 2nd Jan and got $2421 on STA Travel with Korean Air...

Archived