Threaded view gone...

buckbuchanan

Hi Buck,

Sorry I've no idea what a 'threaded view' is, so I cant help but I have noticed that some of the posts are to wide for my screen and I have to keep moving the screen over which means I cant see whose wrote what!

Its very annoying. I dont know if its my computer (maybe I've done something to it that I dont know about!) or if its the Poms site.

Sorry cant help.

Sam x

Well.... you used to be able to see the posts in either "Linear" view (i.e. all thoe posts on the page 1 after another), or in "Threaded" view which is where the posts appear in a tree making it possible to see who has replied to what post. E.g:

[original post]

----[reply 1]

----[reply 2]

----[reply 3]

--------[reply 3.1]

--------[reply 3.2]

----[reply 4]

... you get the idea I hope! To reply to post 3.1 you would click on it, it would then be displayed and you could then reply to it.

It used to be in the Thread Options menu, but that seems to have gone.

As I said, I might be going mad (and probably am), so if anyone knows how to turn it back on I would be eternally greatful!

looks like you are not going mad

Just had a look - go to user CP and then edit options, this is where you could change from linear to threaded, I lied before I always view in linear so of course I see no problem!

there is now only linear option

TIM watcha been doin pal?

Archived