Will state sponsorship for sa/wa really take 8-10 weeks at moment

Lucysdream

Hey all, we are just at the vetassess stage waiting for the assessment to be booked. We are looking to apply for SS 176 visa once the assessment is complete. We are racing against the July 1st changes, and we asked our agent how long ss is taking for SA & WA at the moment which is offering ss for my OH as a welder. Their response was 8 weeks for SA, and 8-10 weeks for WA but WA are saying they expect to get quicker. 8-10 weeks seems a very long time with July fast approaching. Vetassess are already taking a lifetime and I just hope that can be completed within the next 5 weeks to give us 10 weeks for ss, that's if ss runs smoothly.

Has anyone else applied to SA or WA recently? Have you been experiencing these timelines? I thought I had read of people getting ss to WA within 6 weeks recently?

:arghh: Any information much appreciated!! :unsure:

Many thanks, Lucy.

Guest gavalar

hey sorry i cant help you with your question as im at the first stage of trying to find the right company to go through to get a skilled migration visa, I no your in a hurry to get other answers but I was woundering if you could advise me on a good company to go through??

Guest TipsyKoala

Hi,

OH submitted on the 1st/2nd Feb to WA as a Fitter and we heard back last Friday, so just over 5 weeks. Everyone else seems to have had 4-6 weeks from what I've seen on the forum.

Hope it comes quickly :)

Guest roymoody

I submitted mine on the 29/1 but unfortunately not had it back yet. I did email WA a couple of weeks ago and they said it was just waiting the final sign off....

Roy

hey sorry i cant help you with your question as im at the first stage of trying to find the right company to go through to get a skilled migration visa, I no your in a hurry to get other answers but I was woundering if you could advise me on a good company to go through??

We are using Go Matilda who have been fine and quick with replys. There's couple others also recommended on here I think. Do a search as there are loads of previous posts.

Guest sivakumar
Hey all, we are just at the vetassess stage waiting for the assessment to be booked. We are looking to apply for SS 176 visa once the assessment is complete. We are racing against the July 1st changes, and we asked our agent how long ss is taking for SA & WA at the moment which is offering ss for my OH as a welder. Their response was 8 weeks for SA, and 8-10 weeks for WA but WA are saying they expect to get quicker. 8-10 weeks seems a very long time with July fast approaching. Vetassess are already taking a lifetime and I just hope that can be completed within the next 5 weeks to give us 10 weeks for ss, that's if ss runs smoothly.

Has anyone else applied to SA or WA recently? Have you been experiencing these timelines? I thought I had read of people getting ss to WA within 6 weeks recently?

:arghh: Any information much appreciated!! :unsure:

Many thanks, Lucy.

If we apply by end of this month, we will be safe then we will have 12 weeks to July....

Guest sjmmdm
If we apply by end of this month, we will be safe then we will have 12 weeks to July....

We have just submitted our WA SS for a Chef and our agent said that WA are sending them through in just over a month at the moment.:biggrin:

Guest sivakumar
We have just submitted our WA SS for a Chef and our agent said that WA are sending them through in just over a month at the moment.:biggrin:

No way... I have been watching the outcomes from WA. the avg processing it 5 to 7 weeks

Guest sivakumar

I have just spoken to WA and it was confirmed that the current processing time is 4weeks. 90% of applications are responded in 5weeks time.

Thus, don't worry mate. The thing is the WA has recently reduced its min requirement to apply SS from 7years exp to 3 years which has created a sudden increase in application, which may cause delay in processing (said by WA). Apply early to secure a SS.

Archived