Biker gangs???

Guest Tom the Pom

Guest Tom the Pom

I've heard a few things said about these so called 'biker gangs'

So whats the deal? A few guys on motorbikes for a ride and they are suddenly a biker gang??? (and criminals):policeman:

I've ridden motorbikes since I was 15 (at school) and still have a few - if I go for a ride in Oz with a few others will I be tarred with the same brush?

Tom:skeptical:

Guest jonseywife

I hav'nt got a problem with Bikers (as long as they dont all live down my road !!! :biglaugh:).

We have a friend in a so called Biker gang.................. there are all good boys, they go to work, pay their taxes, have families & let little old ladies cross the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, I watched a programme about a Biker gang in New Zealand of all places, called the Mongrels............. blimey THEY were very very scarey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

I hope it's not such a problem in Oz !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you'll be OK Tom just going for a Sunday cruise with a few mates, just dont pledge alliegance to the Mongrels :no:!!!!!

Guest Tom the Pom

The 'Mighty Mongrels' are the gang you refer to - thats NZ

I can't beleive this still goes on - I mean it's the 21st century lads GROW UP!!!

I guess when I get to Oz you all better avoid me as I'll be doing burn outs and wheelies down all your streets and stealing your children in the night:arghh:

Do you get my point - it's easy to give someone a label and make a stereotype out of them out of your own ignorance (I've done it myself - and made myself look a prize pilllock)

Tom

The Mongrel Mob In Nz Are Not Not Bikers

They Rebeled Against The Laws In Nz And The Govt They Had A Big Riot In Napier Years Ago 2/3 Of Them Were Shot And Killed

Most Bikers Are Well Educated Hard Working Decent Folk Who Give Up There Spare Time To Do Sponserd Runs For Charity And Who Just Enjoy The Freedom You Get On A Bike

Bike Prices Can Reach In Excsess Of 20 /30 000 Aud So Its Not A Cheep Hoby Then There Is The Leathers 2000 Aud Helmet 1000aud And So On

The Point Is You Would Have To Be In Fulltime Employment Paying Tax And So On To Even Think About Becoming A Biker .

• 1 year later...

The SA bikie laws are supposed to be the toughest in the world! Other states are considering following suit and I believe that NSW are considering even tougher proposals.

Bikes here are not as expensive as where Keily is as you can get an old (and therefore ultra-cool!) Harley for anything over $5k. I used to be amazed at the amount of bikes that are owned - but then I used to be amazed at the amount of people that own boats here too lol. IMHO this means that there are a fair few bikies here...and for a small state, a fair amount of clubs such as Gypsy Jokers, Hells Angels, Descendants, Finks and Rebels...and many other Owners Groups such as the HOGs (spit!) and Sportster Owners (yaay!). You can meet any of these guys anywhere and they don't tend to have horns and a tail...as Keily said, most are just ordinary guys who just love their bikes and the freedom and mateship of getting together for a run.

That said, there does appear to be a fair bit of crime associated with some of the clubs....and their club houses must be fortresses for some reason hey? But then, shouldn't 'normal' laws be enough ? Shouldn't bikies be accountable for crime the same way as anyone else...not singled out because they have two wheels , beards and possibly a bit of leather? Why should people be penalised for getting together - the way things stand, if members of a bikie gang (banned association is the technical name for them but) meet six times in one year they can be imprisoned for up to five years. If your kid rides at a local dirt track, the chances are there will be bikies from different clubs there so theoretically (and I'm sure it won't get so nuts here that you would be penalised) you could be 'done' for associating pretty darn quickly!

I'm totally in favour of clamping down on drugs, extortion etc I just think everyone should be treated equally ...not four wheels good,two wheels bad!*

Ermm...what was the original post lol! Did that answer it, or did I just leap onto my soapbox?

Sorry :wub:

LC

*Apologies to George Orwell, I just couldn't resist!

Guest Guest9973

Ermm...what was the original post lol! Did that answer it, or did I just leap onto my soapbox?

Sorry :wub:

LC

*Apologies to George Orwell, I just couldn't resist!

Nah - just shown yourself up and given even more people the chance not to like you:laugh:

Mrs Scary Bike Bovine

Guest Guest9973

Why r u so nazty 2 me Tyke sob sob?

Just to say publicly..............

Lazy Cow and myself have a bit of banter with each other - we really like each other quietly:hug::hug:.

Guest fatpom
I've heard a few things said about these so called 'biker gangs'

So whats the deal? A few guys on motorbikes for a ride and they are suddenly a biker gang??? (and criminals):policeman:

I've ridden motorbikes since I was 15 (at school) and still have a few - if I go for a ride in Oz with a few others will I be tarred with the same brush?

Tom:skeptical:

Few people realise what a dangerous precedent it sets. It could mean that freedom of association is undermined not just for bikies but for all of us. Its a slippery slope.

That some of them are dangerous criminals is irrelevant, as someone has already said there's plenty of criminal codes to cater for that.

It reminds me of the Criminal Justice Bill in the Uk - and that created an outcry & public demonstration. Here I feel like I'm the only one appauled (glad to see I'm not)

Yes, there are gangs here involved in organised crime that happen to ride motorbikes - it's not the bikes that are the problem it's the crime! Nothing like the so-called bike gangs I'm aware of in the UK, that might look a bit scary to the average person but more than likely will go on a club run to raise money for charity.

At my local coffee shop there was a group of 'bikers' - definitely well ito their 50s, clearly couples - the type in the Uk you'd find on Goldwings...I pondered if the law came in here would that be allowed anymore - crazy!

And not forgetting one of the so called bikie gangs don't even ride motorbikes!

Jules

Well there's alot of bikie gangs here in Oz and the police and the majority of the public believe them to be coverups for organised crime gangs pedelling anything from sex to drugs.

There a few chapters here in Perth. Hell Angels, Rebels, Banidtos & comancheros to name a few.

Type anything to do with these into google to see what there upto.

australian bike gangs - Google Search

Them dudes in their 50`s mite just be in one of the aforesaid gangs ,the guy shot over east was one of the leaders ,he was 57 , you wont find many of them on their bikes only for show rides. I suppose fire bombing ,shooting ,bashin skulls to pulp ,drug dealling is considered a pastime

It reminds me of the Criminal Justice Bill in the Uk - and that created an outcry & public demonstration. Here I feel like I'm the only one appauled (glad to see I'm not)

Yes, there are gangs here involved in organised crime that happen to ride motorbikes - it's not the bikes that are the problem it's the crime! Nothing like the so-called bike gangs I'm aware of in the UK, that might look a bit scary to the average person but more than likely will go on a club run to raise money for charity.

The uk equivalent of Oz gangs are as bad m40 shooting ,been to Donington and seen a barney between the fellows , bit scary nah, machetes ,meat cleavers flyin and the odd shooter just a friendly evening

At my local coffee shop there was a group of 'bikers' - definitely well ito their 50s, clearly couples - the type in the Uk you'd find on Goldwings...I pondered if the law came in here would that be allowed anymore - crazy!

And not forgetting one of the so called bikie gangs don't even ride motorbikes!

Jules

Archived