July 1st deadline

atlime

Probably a daft question but just want to check

I am just about to send payment for skills Cert and hoping I can get that sorted, then skills assesment with TRA and then can send off Visa application.

Question is once Visa application is in and assuming I get that done before 1st July, will I have to meet the points system as it is now? or will I still have to meet the new points system once they come in?

sorry if this is a daft question but I want to know I meet the points system before starting to spend hard earned cash

Hi there,

Welcome to PIO.

If you apply before 1st July you will be assessed under current rules.

Just make sure that you take into an account difference in time zones if you decide to lodge on the last day of June.:wink:

Hope it helps.

MOTO

Guest journeydownunder

I have a question on this too...

Is it just the point system that changes in July or are there other new rules coming in?

The reason I ask is that although I've already submitted vetassess app on my own I'm considering using an agent to submit the state sponsorship app so I lodged my details with one to find out about costs etc, sent them cv, ielts results etc and they came back and said that I need to make sure I lodge 176 app before July 1st as after that I would struggle. From what I can make out I will be fine with the new system as I am 31 so in the max points for that, have a degree and 8 years experience in my role and more than make the 65 point guideline they have suggested.

Maybe the agency just haven't read my cv and email properly but I'm worried that I have missed something. Anyone know anything about this?

Thought gratefully received

Emma

Hi there,

Welcome to PIO.

If you apply before 1st July you will be assessed under current rules.

Just make sure that you take into an account difference in time zones if you decide to lodge on the last day of June.:wink:

Hope it helps.

MOTO

Ohh glad you said :smile: I know I wouldnt have realised about the time difference!

Thanks for the reply.. I will get a move on now and see if I can beat the deadline :biggrin:

I have a question on this too...

Is it just the point system that changes in July or are there other new rules coming in?

The reason I ask is that although I've already submitted vetassess app on my own I'm considering using an agent to submit the state sponsorship app so I lodged my details with one to find out about costs etc, sent them cv, ielts results etc and they came back and said that I need to make sure I lodge 176 app before July 1st as after that I would struggle. From what I can make out I will be fine with the new system as I am 31 so in the max points for that, have a degree and 8 years experience in my role and more than make the 65 point guideline they have suggested.

Maybe the agency just haven't read my cv and email properly but I'm worried that I have missed something. Anyone know anything about this?

Thought gratefully received

Emma

At the end of the day (usually after months and even years) people learn that agents are right and us, their customers, are wrong due to the continuous changes in the Oz legislation. That's why I would recommend you to ask a second, even a third opinion about your situation (you can find excellent agents even through this forum), because I asked my agent several months ago what my points according to the new laws to come were and she showed me that I had counted wrongly and in reality I was under the limit.

Guest journeydownunder
At the end of the day (usually after months and even years) people learn that agents are right and us, their customers, are wrong due to the continuous changes in the Oz legislation. That's why I would recommend you to ask a second, even a third opinion about your situation (you can find excellent agents even through this forum), because I asked my agent several months ago what my points according to the new laws to come were and she showed me that I had counted wrongly and in reality I was under the limit.

Thanks for that, I will def get a few opinions on this. I do think that in this case they just haven't looked at my info properly because despite telling them my ielts score was 9 and that I submitted veteasses 9 weeks ago they still stated in their email that I would need to sit the ielts and score an 8 and asked when did I submit my vetassess app?! so I'm thinking their response was a bog standard one and that they hadn't read my email or CV.

Doesn't give me much faith in this particular agent so will def speak to a couple of others before deciding how to go forward!!

I am sure am fine with the points but like you say the rules are always changing so there could be other changes that would affect my case.

Archived