vote for the name of the new Adelaide T20 Cricket Team

ThistleandRose

Looking forward to our new home.. we see that the Adelaide Now website is asking for votes for the name of the new T20 franchise team for the city. The new competition from next year is going to have teams from cities not states. We are definitely going to be there at the matches.. erm visa permitting. Brisbane and Sydney have already chosen their names.. Vote for your choice of the best name at Big Bash branding | Adelaide Now

Adelaide Now readers also chose the nickname for Adelaide Utd (The Reds).

Choices are:

Adelaide Fire

Saints

Fever

Razors

Angels

Mavericks

Strikers

Sparks

Slammers

Chargers

Rush

Blitz

Pulse

Let's put some PIO input into the name of the team we'll all be supporting....:v_SPIN:

As the SA cricket team are the redbacks, I think all the names above are a bit American (I know Julia Gillard is currently over there telling them we're their willing lapdogs, but sport is different!)

How about something like "the King Browns" after our most poisonous snakes, or even "the Huntsmen" after our docile little (well, not so little) house spiders? Or perhaps The Whitetips?

Mind you, if as you say the 'tiser chose "the Reds" as a nickname for Adelaide United, I expect they'll end up with something equally original and inspiring!:arghh:

Archived