Primary Schools in Melbourne's suburbs?

The Bridge Family

:cute:Hi there all...

We have been happily living on the Gold Coast for 2.5 years, and have just received the news that my husband's new promotion means we will be living in VIC from the end of the month!

We need to find a fabulous State Primary School... boys are 6 and 11. The area needs to be pleasant, with things to do, and access to my husband's region - which is :

Melton South / Melton West / Caroline Springs / Cairnlea / Deer Park / Derrimut Village / Burnside / Ardeer / Sydenham

We need him to be able to get to and from these places, but without living in them.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.... we currently feel like we have no clue where to begin looking, and are on a flight down there shortly!

A full removals package means we don't have the hassle of selling our house ~ which is fabulous........!

Take care and thanks everyone x

:notworthy:

Guest MaybeOz
That's a great help! Thanks so much for taking the time out...

Have a good one!

Andrea x

Happy to help.

I'd be interested to hear how you find Melbourne compared to the Gold Coast as we are undecided which state to head too - Melbourne South East suburbs / Dandenong Ranges are at the top of our list at the moment but very closely followed by Gold Coast rural areas :yes:

Kari :wubclub:

Need a CV/Resume? PM me or email: TheWrittenProof@Gmail.com

Seems we are getting somewhere! Hooooraaaaay! Looks like Seabrook might be our best bet for a Primary School. Anyone got any kids at Seabrook? What's your opinion, if you have?

Have emailed the school to find out the catchment area, as Point Cook has some lovely houses that we are keen on, but if we can only live in Seabrook, then we need to reconsider. (Yes, I know they are together.... but the school may be as specific as our local one!).

Thanks guys x x

• 3 weeks later...
Seems we are getting somewhere! Hooooraaaaay! Looks like Seabrook might be our best bet for a Primary School. Anyone got any kids at Seabrook? What's your opinion, if you have?

Have emailed the school to find out the catchment area, as Point Cook has some lovely houses that we are keen on, but if we can only live in Seabrook, then we need to reconsider. (Yes, I know they are together.... but the school may be as specific as our local one!).

Thanks guys x x

Seabrook is zoned. There is (last time I looked) a map on their website outlining their catchment area, and it pretty much is just Seabrook.

I know people who send their children there and are happy with it and it does receive outstanding NAPLAN results, but of course you would need to go and get a feel for the place.

Also, it is a primary school so you would need to have a plan as to where you would send your eldest for year 7.

Good luck!

CLAK

Thanks loads.... Di have a trip from the Gold Coast to Melbourne last week. Lo and behold - we loathed it with a passion! OMG : Graffiti, filth, hustle and bustle! YUK!!

Won't be living there!

Hubby will have to drive in ad we will be buying acreage, and living the Aussie dream!

Melbourne is deffo. not for us!!

Andrea x

Archived