help this mature student please

Guest lynthepoet

Guest lynthepoet

How does one go about studing in oz as a chef at the age of 35 is this possible? please any help would be great on how to go about it and money involved. lyn:spinny:

Hi Lyn

I'm 38 & have a place on a commercial catering course at the Sunshine Coast TAFE Mooloolaba Centre starting 5 February 2008.

My migration agent helped with this option as I have no formal qualifications despite working in the same industry for 20 years!

GOOD LUCK

Guest leanneandmark

if you google the tafe and find thier website, it will you tell you the course details on there.

i think the builders course, which is set up with the idea of gaining permanent residence. is around £9000. So costs may be around the same.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My partner and I are planning to move to oz around may this year. I will be working as a dentist and my partner will be on my visa. He is looking to re-train and assess his career options. His main experience has been in sales and recruitment. But he is hoping to move away from that side of things and re-train in something completely different (not sure as what just yet). Will we have to pay international fees for anything he will want to study? roughly how much will this cost? what institutions are out there that he can study at? does it have to be a university to be recognised? Any help that you can give us would be much appreciated.

• 8 years later...
Hi Lyn

I'm 38 & have a place on a commercial catering course at the Sunshine Coast TAFE Mooloolaba Centre starting 5 February 2008.

My migration agent helped with this option as I have no formal qualifications despite working in the same industry for 20 years!

GOOD LUCK

Hello OonahWeeks, it has been sometime since you posted on this subject but I am really really hoping you can help me with some information/advice about the Commerial Catering Course you did at TAFE Mooloolaba! I am a british female, 40 years old and I am looking to do this course myself and I was really hoping to find someone who had done the course in the past. Would you mind my emailing you with some questions about the course? I would be so grateful!! I did try to send you a private message via this forum but couldn't figure how to do so!!

Thanks in advance :-)

Hello OonahWeeks, it has been sometime since you posted on this subject but I am really really hoping you can help me with some information/advice about the Commerial Catering Course you did at TAFE Mooloolaba! I am a british female, 40 years old and I am looking to do this course myself at Mooloolaba and I was really hoping to find someone who had done the course in the past. Would you mind my emailing you with some questions about the course? I would be so grateful!! I did try to send you a private message via this forum but couldn't figure how to do so!! Thanks in advance :-) &

Archived