Sale, Country Victoria

Guest Andrew&Karen

Guest Andrew&Karen

We have lived in Sale for the past 3 years and found it a very unforgiving place for us "Brits". My husband has managed to get a really good job at the "local" private school but if you are looking for a job in town with an english accent then you don't stand a chance. I have 15 years experience in admin but they prefer their "own" to fill the jobs, my sister in law/uncle has got the job. The local "private" school is not as good as the state schools in the uk, you just have to pay. Now moved on and so glad we did. The "local" private school (junior) has a shocking head of school and the teachers are not qualified.

Guest Bobby
We have lived in Sale for the past 3 years and found it a very unforgiving place for us "Brits". My husband has managed to get a really good job at the "local" private school but if you are looking for a job in town with an english accent then you don't stand a chance. I have 15 years experience in admin but they prefer their "own" to fill the jobs, my sister in law/uncle has got the job. The local "private" school is not as good as the state schools in the uk, you just have to pay. Now moved on and so glad we did. The "local" private school (junior) has a shocking head of school and the teachers are not qualified.

I think it is human nature to favour "your own" when it comes to employing someone, you say and "english" accent, does that mean welsh scottish and irish are favored over english?

I didn't think you were allowed to hire unqualified teachers in Victoria- they are taking a bit of a chance there because the teachers' unions are pretty strong. Where did you move to as a matter of interest? Hope it is better for you now and you don't come across that attitude. Can't say I have ever seen that but then I have not lived in that area, only driven through it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived