Just received some info from my CO

robthomas821

Hi all,

Just received an email from my CO confirming receipt of all of our supporting documents via email, and that the AFP Certificate is the last outstanding requirement. Once received my application will be finalised same day.

I do however have a question. On immi website and Partner Migration booklet, it does state that if we have been together 2 years and have a child of the relationship, that we would be eligible to be processed for the 801 Permanent visa.

We have been together 2 years last month, and baby was born on 25th Feb. We lodged our application in December, so just before the 2 years and baby's birth. Does this mean we are still liable to the 2 year waiting time?

Thanks for any advice.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Visa going to be granted next week!!!!!! :biggrin:

Hi, if you applied before you had the two years under your belt it is almost certain that you will only be given the temporary spouse visa. You can however submit a new application (with all the associated costs) which will take into account your child and the time you've been together. Dumb, I know...

It is a bit dumb. I guess I will just wait out the 2 years or contact and speak very nicely to the 2nd stage processing team to see what the go is. My job in IT at the moment, most of the opportunities require PR at minimum, so would be handy to have to increase my employment options, especially as we have just had a newborn!!!

But thank you for the info, very much appreciated.

Archived