Hairdresser (Aug 09) Am I category 4?

Ali&Paul

Thank you so much for all your info and help,

We did think about state sponsorship but we just didn't fancy staying in a different state for two years, we also have someone willing to sponsor us in sydney on a temp 457 visa, do you think it would be a good idea to go down this road while waiting on our 175 being processed?

Many Thanks,

Alison x :confused:

I don't really understand the in's and out's of the 457 visa, however obviously if granted it is a means to getting out there. Is there any direct route to PR via this visa for example? Have you thought of other costs for example, being temporary residents means you may have to pay medical insurance and school fees etc. Another worry you would have is if there is any sort of resurrection of the cap and cease bill (and I really don't know how likely/unlikely that may be) you may put the permanent visa in jeopardy as you could risk your application being capped and ceased. Then you may not have another viable option to gain PR.

I don't really understand the in's and out's of the 457 visa, however obviously if granted it is a means to getting out there. Is there any direct route to PR via this visa for example? Have you thought of other costs for example, being temporary residents means you may have to pay medical insurance and school fees etc. Another worry you would have is if there is any sort of resurrection of the cap and cease bill (and I really don't know how likely/unlikely that may be) you may put the permanent visa in jeopardy as you could risk your application being capped and ceased. Then you may not have another viable option to gain PR.

I'm not 100% sure if there is a route to PR with this visa, I would be hoping not to worry about that and pray that our 175 would come through, it would just be to get out there quicker than waiting who knows how long...? (cap and cease bill does worry me though!)

I will look more into this and call our agent to find out our options,

Many thanks again for all your knowledge...

Alison, x:wubclub:

Archived