Hairdresser (Aug 09) Am I category 4?

Ali&Paul

Guest waitingtogotooz
My agent says I'm in cat 3 because I applied before the changes but I'm sure it's cat 4 I'm in...???

Can anybody help?

Applied Aug 09, 175, hairdresser.

Many thanks

Alison x

aug 09 application?? wont they be looking at yr app soon?

aug 09 application?? wont they be looking at yr app soon?

That's what iv been thinking and constantly on the cat 3 thread checking, they seem to be up to June 09, why would my agent tell me we would be finalised by 31st Dec 2011?

I have questioned it with them but they still seem to think I should fall into category 3??

I'm so confused.

Guest waitingtogotooz
That's what iv been thinking and constantly on the cat 3 thread checking, they seem to be up to June 09, why would my agent tell me we would be finalised by 31st Dec 2011?

I have questioned it with them but they still seem to think I should fall into category 3??

I'm so confused.

Why would you move down a cat? And how did you find out they were dealing with jun09 applicants? Thanks x

Why would you move down a cat? And how did you find out they were dealing with jun09 applicants? Thanks x

because hairdressing is not on the new SOL, although I applied in Aug 09 before the SOL was introduced, I thought I was in cat 3 (thats what my agent told me) but it seems I am in cat 4.

if you have a look on the 'category 3' thread there are some June 09 applicants who have been allocated CO's

Here is a link to the FAQ regarding the priority processing:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-priority-processing-faqs.pdf

If you look specifically at the info about the different SOL's and then Q9 and Q16 you should be able to see clearly you are in CAT4 :

The different SOLs are distinguished by different schedules, as follows:

• the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ASCO code (schedule 1) — applies only to GSM applicants who lodged their application prior to 1 July 2010.

• the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ANZSCO code (schedule 2) — applies to GSM applicants who are eligible for transitional arrangements and who lodge their application before 1 January 2013.

• the current SOL (schedule 3) in effect from 1 July 2010 — applies to all new GSM applications, including applicants eligible for transitional arrangements if they prefer to use it.

• the State and Territory SOL (schedule 4 ) — applies only to GSM applicants nominated by a State or Territory government under a State Migration Plan.

Q9 When did the changes to priority processing come into effect?

The changes took effect from 14 July 2010 and apply to applications lodged with the department on or after this date. The changes also apply to applications lodged before 14 July 2010 that have not been finalised.

Q16 If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at 1 July 2010 what level of

priority processing will I receive?

Applicants with a nominated occupation that is included only in Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the current SOL

are in priority processing group 4, unless they have applied for ENS or RSMS or have a state or territory

nomination in an occupation on a state migration plan.

Basically unless your occupation is on SOL schedule 3 (the current SOL list), which it isn't - it is in schedule 1 - then your application will fall into cat4. Hairdressing is on schedule 4 of the SOL, so you would be eligible to be promoted to cat2 if you could secure state sponsorship. This is what we did, we did want to go to queensland initially, however they weren't sponsoring so have chose SA instead, we now have a CO and have had our meds done it's been pretty rapid. I suggest you look into this avenue.

As for your agent he is definitley wrong on this one. Demand that they send a PLE to DIAC to confirm which category you fall into, they need to realise they are giving false hope to people. They might realise they are talking through their ar*e if they hear it direct from DIAC.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, try and get SS and you'll be laughing.:wubclub:

Many thanks libbysmum for that,

I know it's bad news but I would rather know the truth than a lot of nonsense from my agent, so thankyou for clearing that up for me.

As for state sponsorship, we did think about that but the agent says we would need to have thousands in the bank to even apply, is this true? If so then we wouldn't be able to apply without selling the house.

This is a nightmare, I would prob have been better without an agent!

Thank you, Alison x

Hi Ali

Almost definately Cat 4 . Your on a 175 did your agent not consider State sponsorship for you ?. If you had SS and Haidressing was on that states SMP you would be Cat 2.

the Concern is your agent telling you that you are Cat 3. This only refers to trades on SOl3 and Hairdressing isnt..

My wife is a Hairdresser and we rcd sponsorship for Wa only to now be in Cat 4.

If I were you I would be on the phone to my agent asking why they thought that as you lodged before the changes you were in Cat 3 as this is not the case and obviously misleading.

The only thing not affected by lodging before the changes is that your application remains valid.

Good luck

Shane

Guest VickyMel
Many thanks libbysmum for that,

I know it's bad news but I would rather know the truth than a lot of nonsense from my agent, so thankyou for clearing that up for me.

As for state sponsorship, we did think about that but the agent says we would need to have thousands in the bank to even apply, is this true? If so then we wouldn't be able to apply without selling the house.

This is a nightmare, I would prob have been better without an agent!

Thank you, Alison x

Hi Alison

The need for having money in the bank depends on each particular state. Some need you to show a bank statement for 3 monsth - others just need you to say I will be brining x amount with me once I have sold my house cars etc...

Take a look at the SMP lists (aquired from Connies thread) - these are the latest state lists - if hairdresser is on any of these then maybe it is worth looking further at SS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMP LISTS

VICTORIA: Eligibility Lists - Live in Victoria

ACT: http://mia.org.au/media/File/SMP_Occ...OccupationList

New South Wales: (not released yet)

Northern Territory: http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/docum...ge_List_FA.pdf

Queensland: SS (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) Eligible Skills List (75 KB)

South Australia: State Sponsored Migration List 2011 :: Make The Move

Tasmania: http://www.development.tas.gov.au/__..._List_STMP.pdf

Western Australia: The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilling WA - a workforce development plan for Western Australia

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With SS you commit to live and work in that state for 2 years.

As Shan07 says it is not on the new WAs list

Take a look then go onto the states web site and find out what extra requirements they might have - such as showing funds then come back and ask more questions!

Hi Ali

Almost definately Cat 4 . Your on a 175 did your agent not consider State sponsorship for you ?. If you had SS and Haidressing was on that states SMP you would be Cat 2.

the Concern is your agent telling you that you are Cat 3. This only refers to trades on SOl3 and Hairdressing isnt..

My wife is a Hairdresser and we rcd sponsorship for Wa only to now be in Cat 4.

If I were you I would be on the phone to my agent asking why they thought that as you lodged before the changes you were in Cat 3 as this is not the case and obviously misleading.

The only thing not affected by lodging before the changes is that your application remains valid.

Good luck

Shane

Thank you for your reply Shane,

Yeh we did think about SS but they said we would need to show that we had thousands in the bank which we haven't got unless we sell our house.

We were thinking of going on a 457 temp sponsored visa whilst waiting on our 175 being processed. We know of someone who would be willing to sponsor us so maybe we should think about this route.

God iv never been on such a rollercoaster ride of emotions in my life! Lol

Alison

Thank you for your reply Shane,

Yeh we did think about SS but they said we would need to show that we had thousands in the bank which we haven't got unless we sell our house.

We were thinking of going on a 457 temp sponsored visa whilst waiting on our 175 being processed. We know of someone who would be willing to sponsor us so maybe we should think about this route.

God iv never been on such a rollercoaster ride of emotions in my life! Lol

Alison

SA, where we applied for sponsorship apparantly doesn't request to see the money in your account if you are applying offshore. They just stipulate that you will declare you will have the necessary funds on arrival. We did fill in a financial declaration form stating what our assests were but think the requirements have changed lately and you don't even need to do that.

State sponsorship requirements: South Australia

Have a look down page on the above link (SA's requirements for SS)

It states the following:

Financial Capacity

Applicants must ensure that you have sufficient funds for settling and living expenses when they arrive in South Australia. Applicants should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted and theses funds must be available on arrival to South Australia. The requirement depends on whether you are applying offshore or onshore:

Documents Check List:

Application Cover Sheet signed and witnessed (in English)

Passport Page with photo and personal details

Copy of positive Skills Assessment for your nominated occupation

Copy of IELTS Test (unless you are from an exempt country) that was undertaken less than two years ago

Copy of IELTS if a score of 7.0 (in each band) or higher is required for that occupation (regardless of exempt country)

Only if you are a recent international student - Financial Support Pro Forma Form – completed and signed by the applicant and the person providing the support

Copies of your qualifications and/or fellowships/memberships detailing highest qualification achieved and date of completion.

So only if you are an international student do you have to make a declaration of what your current funds are.

The application form may have changed since we submitted ours, so there may be a section in there where you state what funds you will be bringing with you, but maybe somebody who has recently completed a SA SS application will be able to confirm this. If you have a look in the South Australia sub-section on PIO you may find your answer there or even open a new thread on there, I'm sure "gaz n family" ( the opening poster of the South Oz applications - where are you now thread) has a little more info on this you could try pm'ing him.

Hope to have helped a little and not confused you even more.

Sarah:wubclub:

Hi Alison

The need for having money in the bank depends on each particular state. Some need you to show a bank statement for 3 monsth - others just need you to say I will be brining x amount with me once I have sold my house cars etc...

Take a look at the SMP lists (aquired from Connies thread) - these are the latest state lists - if hairdresser is on any of these then maybe it is worth looking further at SS.

SMP LISTS

VICTORIA: Eligibility Lists - Live in Victoria

ACT: http://mia.org.au/media/File/SMP_Occ...OccupationList

New South Wales: (not released yet)

Northern Territory: http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/docum...ge_List_FA.pdf

Queensland: SS (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) Eligible Skills List (75 KB)

South Australia: State Sponsored Migration List 2011 :: Make The Move

Tasmania: http://www.development.tas.gov.au/__..._List_STMP.pdf

Western Australia: The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilling WA - a workforce development plan for Western Australia

With SS you commit to live and work in that state for 2 years.

As Shan07 says it is not on the new WAs list

Take a look then go onto the states web site and find out what extra requirements they might have - such as showing funds then come back and ask more questions!

Hey Vicky lots of the links are broken now, here's an updated list!!!:wubclub:

SMP LISTS

VICTORIA: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/eligibility-lists

ACT: http://www.business.act.gov.au/skilled_and_business_migration/SMP_Occupation_List

New South Wales:

Northern Territory: http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/documents/SMP_Shortage_List_FA.pdf

Queensland: http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/content.cfm?id=16410

South Australia: http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/state_migration_plan_south_australia/state_sponsored_migration_list_2011.jsp

Tasmania: http://www.development.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/file/0019/30538/TAS_SMP_Occupations_List_FY_2010_2011_Jan_2011.pdf

Western Australia: http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/detcms/navigation/skilled-migration/occupations-in-demand/?oid=MultiPartArticle-id-11276318#toc1

Guest VickyMel
Hey Vicky lots of the links are broken now, here's an updated list!!!:wubclub:

Thanks Sarah!

I will send a PM to Connie as well and she can update the list on the first page of the Cat 2 thread.

Vicky

[quote name=Basically unless your occupation is on SOL schedule 3 (the current SOL list)' date=' which it isn't - it is in schedule 1 - then your application will fall into cat4. Hairdressing is on schedule 4 of the SOL, so you would be eligible to be promoted to cat2 if you could secure state sponsorship. This is what we did, we did want to go to queensland initially, however they weren't sponsoring so have chose SA instead, we now have a CO and have had our meds done it's been pretty rapid. I suggest you look into this avenue.

As for your agent he is definitley wrong on this one. Demand that they send a PLE to DIAC to confirm which category you fall into, they need to realise they are giving false hope to people. They might realise they are talking through their ar*e if they hear it direct from DIAC.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, try and get SS and you'll be laughing.:wubclub:

Thank you so much for all your info and help,

We did think about state sponsorship but we just didn't fancy staying in a different state for two years, we also have someone willing to sponsor us in sydney on a temp 457 visa, do you think it would be a good idea to go down this road while waiting on our 175 being processed?

Many Thanks,

Alison x :confused: